• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Had my 2005 EP3 a few weeks now and finally emptied the fuel tank. Very dissapointed that I only got 230 miles out of a full tank. Car is standard apart from an ITG Maxogen induction and Sportek B Pipe. I did VTEC a few times but mostly sensible driving. I was also using 95 ron as that is what is suggests I use. 230 miles on a tank is poor though. I get more out of my 2003 Scooby WRX.

I'm getting about 260 thats with the k100 map on the ecu, before i was getting about 230 max before could probably get more but its to hard lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely standard car on V-Power:

280 miles pottering about
300 miles on longer A-road travels
343 miles maximum - geriatric M-way cruising

ive had the ep3 a few weeks, filled a few times and seem to get very close to 300, a little less if im having a hoon, and to get to work is b roads...fun

I seem to be pushing about 240miles to a tank :( bad times, when you consider my last car cost £65 to fill and was good for about 420-440 miles

360 till nearly empty using V-Power, mixed driving and getting some free miles back coasting down

340 driving home from Le Mans this year adhering to speed limits, 185 on the way to Le Mans getting used to the Rotrex !!

New record, 320miles mixed driving. I have actually noticed a few extra MPGs after fitting induction kit and unsilenced b-pipe

I'm hoping after new manifolds and Kpro i can keep or possibly increase this figure. Time will tell

This tank I got 310 miles which was a mix of town, A roads and occasional motorway with some Vtec moments using 95 RON. Very happy with that.

Obviously depends how I drive, but usually around 325. On Eco drives, I've seen 360- I'm talking radio off, windows up, air con off, high gears, minimal braking and lorry surfing. :)

320-340 every time.

Dual carriage way and little roads to work every day

usual commuting

Vtec 5% of the time.

125k miles

If I brim my tank, I can get from home to Norton Canes Services on the M6 Toll on half a tank, which is a massive 90 miles.

Ouch! Wouldn't want to pay your fuel bill tom! Though with the power your running, that doesn't sound too shabby! If i go on a mad one I only get about 180-200 miles to a tank

Obviously depends how I drive, but usually around 325. On Eco drives, I've seen 360- I'm talking radio off, windows up, air con off, high gears, minimal braking and lorry surfing. :)

I think your ok to have the radio on, power for it is minimal. Get gaffa tape over the shut lines you might see 380!

Ouch! Wouldn't want to pay your fuel bill tom! Though with the power your running, that doesn't sound too shabby! If i go on a mad one I only get about 180-200 miles to a tank

Thats at 90 motorway miles. Gunning it on A roads I can manage a huge 60 miles to half a tank.

Back