• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

yea short journeys are a killer for the ep3, I burn thought petrol doing short journeys, although I dont drive 'slow'

I didn't know this until the other day:

IMAG0292.jpg

The FN2 has a 50 litre tank and the fuel light is set to come on with 8.1 litres left. No wonder it always seems like I'm filling it up!

"There is a small reserve..." no indication of how much though! :lol:

340 miles out of my last tank.

Some progressive driving involved too.

Also the Aircon was on constantly.

I'll update my thread soon, but as a quick snippet... it has certainly helped the performance particularly at high revs, though I'm not 100% sold on the looks and (lack of) sound. I can't believe how quiet it is...

Yeah :)

As they say, it pays for itself in the long run. I filled up when the light came on again, so really I could have done another 20 odd miles safely.

I might start looking into this then, i wouldn't mind an exhaust first, then i might get KPRO to save fuel.
That sounds so wrong saying that :lol:

2002 ep3 standard

When I first got it was 210-220 full tank.

Since it has gotten better. Last time I checked it was 270 on super U.

From experienced I have established it is down to driving style.

I used to blame short journeys, cold starts, traffic but I've realised it is possible without too much effort.

I can get 32mpg on short 3-7mile stop start town trips. Any longer distance and economy can go up to 37mpg with no vtec.

On a 60 mile trip through A/B roads finished with 15 mile motorway returned 32mpg for a semi-fun drive including a few blasts through the gears.

On average per hour of driving for me it is using 4.5 litres of fuel with average speed of 25-35mph ( this includes being stationary in traffic) -

I usualy get about 330-340 out of a tank, and thats as far as i am willing to go with the orange light on.
Not bad considering considering i do tend to have a bit of a hoon down the slip road in v-tec everyday.

Back