• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Highest ever was 364, that was Newcastle to Pompey for a job interview 70 all the way with no stops. Probably had about fifteen miles left in it. Average is around 280, try to achieve 25mpg, then I'm happy

I don't really get this thread as I doubt anyone has ever driven on a tank until its completely empty to the point where the car wont run any longer. Last tank I got 275 miles from full till the light came on so imagine that would be closer to 300 till empty.

How long does a full tank of petrol last YOU?

I have a few times. But I know what you mean. Is it full tank to light coming on or is it full tank until the car judders a little.

I have a few times. But I know what you mean. Is it full tank to light coming on or is it full tank until the car judders a little.

Well if it really was a full tank it would be from full until your car stalls and won't start again.

Well if it really was a full tank it would be from full until your car stalls and won't start again.
Yes but that would be silly and time consuming, most people (I gather) fill up again when the red light comes on. It's a handy thread for rough comparison, mpg and fuel types IMHO

Yup. Generally speaking plus 300 is good on a Honda.

I used a mpg calculator on the net and with some spirited driving managed 28mpg did the test when driving sensibly and it returned just under 36mpg that was mostly driving around town and some dual carrageways. I think that's decent, I would be more than confident that I would get 300miles and beyond to a full tank.

1st tank: 340 a tank 95 RON
2nd tank: 350 a tank 95 RON
3rd tank: 395 a tank Momentum 99 (this had a long motorway run in)
4th Tank: 375 a tank Momentum 99 (empty light just came on)

I drive 40 mile per day so these are not around town. I do drive around 60-70 on the motorway so im mindful of fuel. Inbetween this I used half a tank of momentum 99 and vtec'd the lot, didnt last long lol. These tanks have had some vtec use aswell, the 4th for example had a few blasts against some sort of audi.

The car has no extra weight, tyres inflated and topped up weekly and its been serviced when I bought it. I cant be arsed flooring it to work and back so I try to hit a decent ammount of miles a tank. The RX8 was doing 240 a full tank at £75, best I would have gotten was 300 only if I went more into the red and this was only because I want to manchester and back. Not bad these type r's.

You'll get better results sticking with one octane or the other. Switching from one to the other regularly isn't a great idea.

400 last tank 20 miles into reserve light. Had the scalp of an ST in that tank too. Tesco momentum99 in the last 3 fills and im impressed at Tesco for once. Their fruit is still ****.

I guess going by some of those figure's, I'm not doing to well. Admittedly, I've only used 3/4's of the tank at moment and only 2-3 short vtec moments, but only achieved 230 miles so far on Shell Optimax.
Have noticed some sooty residue on the tail pipe, possibly running a little rich. But this is my 1st full tank since picking it up.

I guess going by some of those figure's, I'm not doing to well. Admittedly, I've only used 3/4's of the tank at moment and only 2-3 short vtec moments, but only achieved 230 miles so far on Shell Optimax.
Have noticed some sooty residue on the tail pipe, possibly running a little rich. But this is my 1st full tank since picking it up.

Hey, what car you got now then?

Just bought myself an 06 EP3 Premier Cosmic Grey. To the best of my knowledge still all standard. Will be posting some pictures once I get a nice polish on her.

Just bought myself an 06 EP3 Premier Cosmic Grey. To the best of my knowledge still all standard. Will be posting some pictures once I get a nice polish on her.

Ooh back down the civic route!

Back