• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Fuel pump issues

Hi guys,

I’ve noticed that my fuel pump continuously primes.

Yesterday the car stalled and wouldn’t start. Then seconds later it did!

Any ideas?

When was the filter last changed? Apart from that some gremlin with the loom or ECU/immobiliser.

I don’t know if it ever has tbh. I’ve owned it for 1.5yrs if it’s 17 year lifespan!

Is it possible that pipes coming out of the tank have corroded and there’s a leak so the pumps constantly priming in order to build up pressure??? There’s never any residue of fuel on the road/drive when it’s been parked so it must be leaking back into the tank!

Filter is every 75k, might be a good place to start. There is a fuel return to the tank IIRC

I don’t know if it ever has tbh. I’ve owned it for 1.5yrs if it’s 17 year lifespan!

Is it possible that pipes coming out of the tank have corroded and there’s a leak so the pumps constantly priming in order to build up pressure??? There’s never any residue of fuel on the road/drive when it’s been parked so it must be leaking back into the tank!

If you have a fuel leak you won’t notice residue on the ground if it’s left for a while as it will evaporate.
I would change your fuel filter as I changed mine at 85k and it was very dirty. Like Loxy says Honda state to change every 75k

Check the filter underneath the rear and make sure it isn't leaking. Mine shat itself without me knowing until there were spots of melted underseal on the drive. Funnily enough I had a filter sat in my room ready to change it one weekend I was free. Funnily enough at the time the car was on 74997 miles so it must of spat it's dummy out for the 75k service.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back