• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

full machine polish

Iv got a nhb type r with the usual swirls

How much roughly would it cost to get them polished out?

Can anyone recommend anywhere in the glasgow area?

Thanks

Anywhere from £150-£300 for a full detail with paint correction.

Have a look on the detailing world forum for someone close by.

As Jermal says, a quick scout about on DW should get you in touch with a keen amateur. I'm sure they'd do it for <£150. I would, if only you werent a 4hr drive away.

my mate has his own buisness paint spraying etc and we're both well into keeping a highly cleaned polished motor, he'd prob be up for giving it a full detail we're not too far from you either just past dundee

my mate has his own buisness paint spraying etc and we're both well into keeping a highly cleaned polished motor, he'd prob be up for giving it a full detail we're not too far from you either just past dundee

Machine polish? Great, looks like R55 TJW has found a solution straight away. Good stuff Liam.

yea would be a machine polish. prob start by clay bar the car make sure there's nothing that the machine will pick up and further score the paint with and take it from there depends how bad it is as to what compound to use prob a fine grade if its only swirls etc Pm if you want more details bud. unfortunatly nhb or any darker colour is a full time job keeping it swirl free

Liam, so you know, the CTR paint is pretty damn soft. I have found full correction from a finishing polish on a polishing pad.

figured its fair soft as simply washing can leave swirly type marks have to be light with the sponge when washing hehe. never machined mine as being white don't reallynotice the light swirls unless its under lights or similar, always foung a simple polish even meguiars cleaner wax takes enough off mine being white. mate uses autoglym super resin polish on the soft pad machine to finish off after painting so prob that'd be enough seal and wax job done.............. till the next weekend or wash lol

Back