• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Funky's funky Civic 8)

Funky

Events Organiser
I've had the CTR over 3 years now so I thought its about time I showed everyone what I have done (and I have done most of it myself!). There is more to come (I have a pile of bits and bobs that need fitting yet) but it will take me ages to pull my finger out and finish it off so this will have to do for now...

Exterior

Ctr-cleaned.jpg

Ctr-cleaned3.jpg

Ctr-cleaned2.jpg

Ctr-cleaned5.jpg

headlight.jpg

Under the bonnet

engine-bay.jpg

engine-bay1.jpg

Under the car!

rear-suspension.jpg

rear-underneath.jpg

rear-suspension-close-up.jpg

Interior

JDM-Carpet.jpg

Interior.jpg

Major Mods
  • Face lift headlights
  • Yellow window tints
  • Injen copy airfilter (powder coated yellow)
  • Top Gear custom zorst
  • Koni adjustable shock absorbers
  • Apex -35mm progressive springs
  • JDM rear anti roll bar (powder coated yellow)
  • Carbing tie bar (powder coated yellow)
  • J's Racing strur brace (ends powder coated yellow)
  • JDM red carpet
  • Facelift seat covers
Hope you like it :D

Very nice indeed mate. Sits lovely 8)

Only thing I'm not too keen on is the tints but they will probably grow on me :D

Very personal, the yellow approach :wink:

It actually works pretty well. I like it.

I was actually thinking that although I like your car and what you've done, the header just doesnt look the part... too much grey if a funky but not over done engine bay. you should either get a nice shinny one (but cost...) or maybe you could paint yours? dunno if you can do that.
With the header getting quite hot I dunno what/if any paint could do the job and still look good...

anyway just a thought....

Original

You have done well fitting all the gear yourself. Nicely slung. Yellow tinits :shock: are original.

Keep at it.

Will

Thanks for all the comments :D

type_r_lover said:
I was actually thinking that although I like your car and what you've done, the header just doesnt look the part... too much grey if a funky but not over done engine bay. you should either get a nice shinny one (but cost...) or maybe you could paint yours? dunno if you can do that.
With the header getting quite hot I dunno what/if any paint could do the job and still look good...

When you say header do you mean the inlet manifold?

Funky said:

type_r_lover said:

yep.. I've done a small photoshop of your engine bay.. should be in your email now mate!

type_r_lover said:
Funky said:

type_r_lover said:

yep.. I've done a small photoshop of your engine bay.. should be in your email now mate!

Cheers mate, I like it! :D

I'll have to have a chat with the powder coaters and see what they say.

Funky said:
type_r_lover said:
Funky said:

type_r_lover said:

Cheers mate, I like it! :D

I'll have to have a chat with the powder coaters and see what they say.

no pb.
let us know how much they would charge for it, I've been thinking doing similar stuff but don't where to ask.

btw I was thinking, for a cheaper look than powder coated maybe you could use that brake caliper paint; I mean, it should withstand the heat quite nicely.
Maybe someone else on the forum could help, or ask a bodyshop repair garage.

Back