• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gambi's 3rd R - Champ White FN2.

Someone else has asked me about that kit.

I'd like to know what testing has been done on those brackets and should they fail, what public liability insurance he has.

Someone else has asked me about that kit.

I'd like to know what testing has been done on those brackets and should they fail, what public liability insurance he has.

True. Very true. Thats one of the reasons im holding back for now. Theres a few people who have took the plunge and ordered them. One guy is gping to be testing his on track a d giving feedback so should be good to see.

Caliper mounting brackets look to be of a good quality, but its not down to looks now is it......

Exactly, they're going to get covered in road salt, brake dust and grime and heat cycled, repeatedly. Unknown loads are going to be put through them, repeatedly.

You'd like to think there was some R&D into the materials that need to be used.

He might have done all that, but you'd think he would be making more of the fact if he had.

I'd rather spend the extra on the Stoptech. In fact, if I ever end up in another Honda, Stoptech and Ohlins would be my first choices for mods. You get what you pay for IME.

Looks lovely! Different world to the EP3 isn't it.

Agree with the guys, Spoon calipers are amazing (to look at) but having done just the lines, pads and fluid on my current R, compared with also having the Spoons on my EP3, I can't say there is any better stopping power having the Spoons as well. I went for Mugen lines and Endless pads in my current setup.

So, currently sitting at TGM whilst the car is up on the ramps. A few little bits getting done but not much due to £££.

Pics to follow if I get a chance (using the time to sort a stag do!)

One thing I have discussed for the next trip is possibly a new clutch, apparently on the FN2 these are prone to last less than 50k for some reason. The gearbox oil is getting done whilst it's on the ramp but it's not as crisp as it should be. Time to save for that then!!

Car just tipped onto 35k when I arrived.

Cracking car , sounds about right for the clutch mines on 53k and had one last year at around 48000.

So, currently sitting at TGM whilst the car is up on the ramps. A few little bits getting done but not much due to £££.

Pics to follow if I get a chance (using the time to sort a stag do!)

One thing I have discussed for the next trip is possibly a new clutch, apparently on the FN2 these are prone to last less than 50k for some reason. The gearbox oil is getting done whilst it's on the ramp but it's not as crisp as it should be. Time to save for that then!!

Car just tipped onto 35k when I arrived.

Saw a champ white Fn2 going through Ancells farm heading towards Tgm around 2ish.
Lovely car if it was yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, finally the update.

I had several things planned for the car down at TGM but not all were done in the end.

The original plan had seen a Tegiwa induction kit to be fitted (bought from Steve @ Grinspeed), Eibach Pro springs, Camber bolts, FRSU, a new knob, clear out my water jets as blocked, new geabox oil, engine mount inserts & gearbox mount insert & braided lines & uprated brake fluid all to be done whilst there.

After getting there and chatting to Tom the gearbox oil & various mount inserts were shelved as a new clutch is needed. Due to the work involved there's no point doing the mount inserts as i'll end up paying double in labour to be done now when it can all be done in the same clutch job. Fair enough & no issues - apart from needing a new sodding clutch.

In addition to this the braided lines & fluid were not done as there was a mix up and no one had ordered them. No big deal.

Top service from Tom & Lio as per usual. The car had to go away for the FRSU as Tom's machine had broke. For once it was quite a quiet day down there and I also got to have a poke around the FK2 race car whilst there - I won't divulge the cost of the new gearbox, clutch, full wiring & ECU or the brakes but lets just says ££££ has been spent by their customer.

One point of annoyance was the Tegiwa silicone induction hoses I got - I had a credit not so cost virtually nothing. These were just cack, they didn't fit - I know I have the Tegiwa induction but I will not be buying anything else that's their own due to too many bad experiences. I'm not even returning them as they're just going to go in the bin!

So a few pics from whilst I was there.

August%20TGM%201%202.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

New Springs.

August%20TGM%202.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

August%20TGM%201%208.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

A pain as the bumper needed to come off for the induction kit.

August%20TGM%201%205.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

August%20TGM%203.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

The new stance - liking it and it's only subtle as the Pro Kit is 15mm.

August%20TGM%201%207_1.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

August%20TGM%201%206.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

And Finally my knob.

August%20TGM%201%204.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

The car now sits and handles so much better on the springs & with the FRSU although due to the clutch issue I need to take it easy. I'm a little disappointed in the airbox as there isn't much more of an acoustic sound at all, Steve @ Grinspeed did assure me that with a map & exhaust etc it'll give good gains though.

The Mugen Knob is the only real fancy bit on the car that's unnecessary (J's Oil & Rad Cap to come). It's also a little different to the standard ones you see in Silver or Skunk 2.

In addition to all this I've had a bit of a nightmare with Climair and the wind deflectors I've purchased but hopefully getting the driver side one on this weekend now it's turned up to replace the broken one. The passenger side one is already on.

Next plans??

Service etc is due in November so just that, a new clutch and finally getting the washer bottle issue sorted as it's clogged up again. The washer bottle is a pain in the arse as it's down in the wheel arch. No doubt a few ££ for something simple.

Exhaust etc are wanted but once funds allow. For this I'll probably be looking at Miltek, a 4-2 2-1 manifold and may look at stretching to a 70mm intake & throttle body along with a FlasPro. That is all quite a lot of £££ though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame about the set backs. Maybe just keep it standard instead? So many dodgy after market parts about.

Shame about the set backs. Maybe just keep it standard instead? So many dodgy after market parts about.

Yeah I know, going to only go with reputable stuff and no Tegiwa or anything like that. Will be speaking to Tom when next there sorting the clutch.

It'll be minor tweaks I reckon really but even those are expensive.

There's something nice about a standard FN2. I really don't think they need much, maybe some springs, braided lines, fluid and pads but that's about it.

Flashpro, it's just so easy to make it much more drivable with the GroupN map. Proper dyno tune when you get a few more breathing mods sorted. :sm023

Flashpro, it's just so easy to make it much more drivable with the GroupN map. Proper dyno tune when you get a few more breathing mods sorted. :sm023

Yeah that what I'm looking at over Christmas probably, post clutch.

@ Dooks - yeah the lines & fluid are going in when it gets serviced. Will probably take it to the same mods as my EP, Header, 4-2-1 & exhaust. Doubt i'll go further, maybe a few cheeky non performance mods.

So it's been a while and time for an update of sorts.

The clutch was done and the car felt so so much better.

It's booked in at TGM for 27th Feb now, an early start to get there for first thing but hopefully won't be down there all day. When there i'll be sleeping as get back from a Barcelona stag do about 9pm the day before.

So after chatting with Tom on requirements etc I'm getting new pads (Project Mu) and uprated fluid. If discs are needed then they'll be done too but just standard ones. On Tom's advice I'm not going for lines just yet, for the FN2 these are quite expensive for one and Tom stated that funds can be better spent elsewhere considering it's a weekend car with a couple of track days. I'll review again at the end of the year when it comes to service time.

I'm also taking a pre bonus plunge on a new exhaust. I was looking at the Fujitsubo that Torque-GT had but for several reasons I haven't gone for it (some explained to Josh @ Torque-GT). Tom has done me a good price on the resonated Cobra cat back, from what I've read and seen their quality over the last few years really has just got better and better and with the resonated one it should give a little extra but still be good for cruising on motorways etc.

After bonus announcements then a flashpro will be arranged dependant on how much I get.

So, no pictures this time round due to a broken phone but the front pads (Project Mu HC800) standard discs and uprated fluid (Brembo I think) was all done yesterday.

Feels so much better than before and only just bedding in.

exhaust wait is another week or so unfortunately so there will be another update. I'll also be having rear pads done.

Back