• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gambi's 3rd R - Champ White FN2.

So, I went back over to TGM to finally get my Cobra Exhaust fitted - resonated.

It was the first one that Tom & Lio have fitted and they were impressed with what they saw from the look of it in general especially the welds and build quality. It was a hefty piece of kit.

Easy to fit and bang it was on.

I've had it on for about 100 miles now so still bedding in. First impressions are very good. Quiet on tickover once warm, nice rasp from 2k to 4k and then a nice sound in Vtec. The only real drone is at around 60mph. Through 50mph average zones and at 70mph ish it's fine with only a little additional sound when in the cabin.

Glad I didn't go for non-resonated.

Now to get it mapped and see what happens then, it'll probably just be a Flash Pro and Group N for starters.

I'll see if I can get the video up.

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

Was that on Saturday? Just missed each other I think with me being there on Friday.

Was that on Saturday? Just missed each other I think with me being there on Friday.

Yeah that was Saturday.

Still need to figure out the video upload but the laptop was playing up.

Had a play in it today and low revs it really does sound good but quieter the higher you go really.

So, after a few too many beers last week I agreed to buy a FlashPro of Mr Sims.

All delivered and sorted and now got a Group N map. Surprised how easy it was to do considering I'm a retard with things like this.

Still, it totally transforms the throttle response. Car is so much more eager and willing now, much more fun to drive.

Not sure if it's a consequence or just time of the exhaust bedding in but it feels so much easier to rev and also the exhaust note sounds so much better. It's no longer a block of noise mid range but a more consistent sound.

Very happy with it.

Thats good news as hopefully i'll have the same done by next weekend. exhaust system looks really well made and fits well.

also contacted TDi north about a custom map at a later date.

Thats good news as hopefully i'll have the same done by next weekend. exhaust system looks really well made and fits well.

also contacted TDi north about a custom map at a later date.

Yeah, I needed to check one simple thing with Mark but also had a look at You Tube to make sure. All good.

Yeah it's a solid piece of kit and TGM were really pleased with it and it's quality.

Time off for me now and next might be a Solid Fabs 4-2 2-1, RBC + map.

Tempted to look into the FD2 Oil Pump and balance shaft delete stuff though.

Doubt i'll go RRC & TB as it's just too much £££

yeah its alot of money. I'm happy with a custom exhaust. few breathing mods and a custom remap.

may go to grinspeed for a FRSU at some point also, as i don't think theres any where local to me that does a similar setup.

yeah its alot of money. I'm happy with a custom exhaust. few breathing mods and a custom remap.

may go to grinspeed for a FRSU at some point also, as i don't think theres any where local to me that does a similar setup.

Got springs and FRSU already (well FRSU on the front), didn't go for the shims.

Anywhere can do an FRSU that does laser alignment and can fit the parts.

i have the front camber bolts fitted and adjusted and the eibach springs. just didn't have much confidence in the lad adjusting them :)

have to find a reputable hunter place locally.

Just because I'm curious, what tyres do you have on there (I'm rubbish with pattern recognition)?

Well, yes, but Toyo are a manufacturer :p Which Toyos? :) I could go search blackcircles for pictures or something, but I figure I should probably sleep sometime soon

Toyo Proxes T1-R I think that tyre is.
People say their s**t for the type R but I've never had them so would'nt know.

Toyo Proxes T1-R I think that tyre is.
People say their s**t for the type R but I've never had them so would'nt know.

Yes they are.

They're basically on there as it needed 3 new ones when I bought it and the place put them on to match the other one on there (other were all different).

They'll get changed at some point but I don't do massive mileage so not doing it when they're not needed.

It grips alright in the dry, I'm don't push it in the wet or anything though.

Well on Saturday this was Part Exchanged for a new (approved used) Audi S3. Will sort a couple pics when I get a chance.

They're night and day against each other.

Back