• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Garage

I know we've got members car thread but alot of times these get filled with chat and car talk. I thought this mod could be good idea.

01_front.jpg

01_front_cat.png

02_ajax_image_data.png

02a_browse.jpg

03_add_vehicle.jpg

04_view_vehicle.jpg

05_add_timeslip.png

06_view_timeslip.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah right fair enough then, I thought it was poo'd away as it was just as simple to put a link in your sig to a build thread.

Perhaps we should take another look at this then.

It's certainly a feature I'd like to see :) .

The problem is this mod needs to be compatible every time we upgrade because the forums security is more important than a garage feature, so we can't hold back going to a new version of Vbulletin because we're waiting for compatibility from a garage mod.

We had a garage years ago on the phpbb version of the forum, I've seen the vb one before but I seem to remember they wanted cash for it, seems its now free with the option of donating.
I'll take another look at it and see how well maintained it is, as Jermal says I hate having to add and remove various features when we upgrade, it just annoys people when its removed :lol:

Supported is ticked on the mod thread so hope it would be

The point is though James that it might not be for the next version which would mean it would disapear when we upgrade. Then everyone would be "like where haz my garage gone y0?"

Hopefully the creator of the mod will update it quickly and regularly, in which case, it's something we could look into.

Yeah I understand Tony.

Shame we won't know until the next update really, fingers crossed though

I just used James because I can never fcuking remember how to spell shaeneaeieahivatoeieai

Another forum im admin on has this

It was used alot when it first came out

But then everyone slowly went back to build logs, now the garage is barely used

Few sites I visit with build logs have it set so only topic creator can post, to cut out the chat

Its worth installing as a side to a build log

That way nobody is stuck between upgrades

Just my two cents :)

The outcome of this thread was that it couldn't be done as the MLR used phpbb and TRO is vbulletin.
I've just been on the MLR and they now use vbulletin and still have the garage feature.

The outcome was that there wasn't a maintained (and free) version for use with vb :)

Back