• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gareth-FN2's Erm... Alfa Romeo

Afternoon TRO,

So after a tough decision it was finally time to call it a day on my Type R ownership, I have enjoyed owning a EP3 and FN2 but it was time to move on to something else.
Now I know these are not to everybodys liking but I have loved the styling ever since I first saw them.

I am now the very proud owner of a Alfa MiTo, 155 Veloce in Etna Black, its a 1.4 turbo and the torque is amazing, in dynamic mode it pulls around 250nm, now I know VTEC is addictive but boost is just as fun! Hearing the turbo spool up never gets boring, and when she's nice and hot the exhuast pops and burbles away.

Stopping power is also very good as it has Brembo brakes fitted as standard, its very chuckable and never lacks pickup, foot down off she goes!

Anyway enough talking time for picture's!

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

IMG_4197.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

Nice looking car chap, can't believe you've 'left the fold'. Looks like those pics were taken alongside Goodwood Race course.

Looks tidy.

I had a derv 147 as a hire car a while ago, it was awesome. Couldn't believe how well it went, handled and stopped.

I'd seriously consider one if I had to go down the diesel route.

:lol: I actually really like this. 1.4 turbos appear to be the way forward (A1, Ibiza, Fabia, 500) and with a cheeky remap they pull some impressive figures.

Nice looking car chap, can't believe you've 'left the fold'. Looks like those pics were taken alongside Goodwood Race course.

Cheers kev, and yes you are right on location, fancied a little drive to the race course, went on to bury hill after for a cup of tea and slice of cake! Lol!!

:lol: I actually really like this. 1.4 turbos appear to be the way forward (A1, Ibiza, Fabia, 500) and with a cheeky remap they pull some impressive figures.

Yeah there are a few about that are re mapped to around the 200bhp figure, not sure on tourque figures though.
Not something I will look into at the minute. Altough it is only 155bhp, between 30-70mph it pulls harder and (feels) faster than the type R.

Yeah there are a few about that are re mapped to around the 200bhp figure, not sure on tourque figures though.
Not something I will look into at the minute. Altough it is only 155bhp, between 30-70mph it pulls harder and (feels) faster than the type R.

You say only 155bhp, but that's not a bad figure for a 1.4, considering atwhp a Type R pushes circa 165bhp. Although power delivery is different.
It looks quite smart in the cabin too.

Oooo look it's a mini Ferrari :lol: I like Alfa's too there's just something about them haven't driven an Alfa though but a lot of small engined turbo cars are surprising they fly on the road.

They do say you aren't a true petrol head unless you've owned an Alfa.

Very nice! :smt023

One of my customers has a Mito in Red, she loves it and in her words she "smashes the granny out of it" every time she has a drive!!! :lol:

I like them, cute, ballsy and Italian. 8)

Looks awesome, I shown me misses one of these on parkers website, I've had her dead set on a fiesta st until she saw this, she's looking at the 170hp cloverleaf model

Yeah no too bad, filled her up a few times now and normally pay around £45-£48 per tank (at 137.9) and getting around 300miles, but i do always fill up at quarter of a tank so she probally could do more!
Not sure on annual insurance cost yet as for the minute I just changed details on exsisting policy but I had a £50 refund, will shop around in january but as 'chop' said its only group 10.
As for tax as this is the non multi air its £170 per year.

Back