• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gareth-FN2's Erm... Alfa Romeo

Have you got any plans for this???

Yes and no, if anything for now I will put in a K&N or BMC panel filter for a little better breathing, but in terms of other mods nothing planned for the minute, I would in the future look into a rear diffuser and exhaust upgrade that I have seen, possible re map up to around 200bhp and maybe change a few visual things.

Can't Believe This Has Happend To The Alfa!!

So Wednesday night myself and my misses went to see Skyfall at the cinema, we were enjoying a pleasent evening until returning to my
car in the carpark to find some kind person had driven straight into the side of my car leaving a lovely dent, scrape and gash above the rear wheel arch!!!
cry2.gif

No note on the windscreen or anything, they clearly didnt care and had left the scene!! Luckily after speaking with a security guard I discovered that
someone had witnessed the incident and obtained a reg for the offending vehicle, and also had tried to challenge the offending party but was kindly told to f@@k
off!!

Turns out the witness had put a note on my car but the offending driver had later returned to kindly dispose of this note!

So the incident was reported to the police that evening, and the hunt for the vehicle began!
I received a call the next evening to say that they had payed a visit to the offending drivers house and he came clean about the incident, details have now been exchange through the police and the claim is being processed all at his expense!!

The matter cannot be taken further as the independant witness has not left any contact details but I am pleased that it can be resolved without me having to make a claim.

I was gutted at first as I have only had the car 2 months, but im just glad me and the misses were not in the car and no one was hurt and the car can be repaired.

Just wish I could thank the witness for helping out!

Well fortunately you will soon discover the other person's details. I would happily go round smash their shít up and leave the scene with no note.

Good outcome but you'll have to declare non fault incidents and you'll find it'll affect your premium slightly.

Good outcome but you'll have to declare non fault incidents and you'll find it'll affect your premium slightly.

More than you would like to believe.

Submit a few quotes with the claim on and present that to the insurer demanding this figure is multiplied by 5 (number of years you have to declare it) and add it to the settlement figure.

Dickface is lucky, that you can't contact the witness, otherwise I'd be all over that.

When I'd only just bought my EP3 in 2006, after saving for 16 months, a kind lady decided to drive into me 6 weeks after buying my car.

But drive into me in the most retarded way imaginable. From a standstill, from her drive, as I'm driving down the main road.

Anywho, a guy that saw what happened and after I had been freed from my car and dragged from the carcass of the woman, he approached me to say that he was going to report the woman for dangerous driving without due course and attention.

At the time I didn't think much of it but he did and it helped as my insurers were notified of it and the claim was cleared up much quicker.

So yeah, some people rule.

As Dookosuarus says though, even though not your fault, you will get stung on insurance renewals which will drive you spare on the phone.

Always love that..you were not even in the car yet your insurance goes up

Back