• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gear box oil

Bud

Is there a away of checking the gear box oil?

I think mine its low as it starting to make a grinding nosie, espcailly between 1-2.5K

Just a bit worried

Thanks dan

both, seems to die down when its hot, just getting weird noise between 1-2.5k when driving, after that it goes,

Just started getting noiser at low rpm, doesnt do it in netural

Is there a way of checking the oil then??

nah defo gear box related

Noise is hard to decribe

Sounds like an exhaust blowing sound (dont laugh) only between them revs

Sorry about the thread hi-jack but what's the best oil to use, I read the manual and it says AT, MT and CVT but doesn't really specify which is the best for low mileage

Sorry about the thread hi-jack but what's the best oil to use, I read the manual and it says AT, MT and CVT but doesn't really specify which is the best for low mileage

Honda MTF oil that they use is more than good enough.

Save yourself a few quid and buy 2 x 1 litre MTF oil bottles from Honda and get it done at an independent (cheaper) garage.

I went to Retford Honda and asked for Honda MTF oil and they wouldn't supply me with any. I reckon they don't like to stock it as it just ties money up in unwanted stock. They told me just to get a decent branded 75w85 oil and use that instead.

Ended up using Mobil 1 stuff at under 6 quid/litre. Seems good so far...the old stuff smelled wrank when I drained it - definately overdue a change. Has been much better since, but there are still tight spots when its cold. After a few minutes driving the gears engage really nicely though.

Its not a hard job, although it is a bit messy. As long as you have a big oil pan to drain it into it's no big deal really.

I have this strange nise too...also sometimes my gears are abit hard to put in and sometimes crunch to go in at high revs...

I got a new clutch at a very good price but im not sure if this will fix the problem...any suggestions to get the gears as smooth as possible and also taking away this noise??

try the driveshaft heatshield, honda are sometimes reluctant to sell gear box oil my friend had to go to a dealers 3 times and in the end they gave in and let him have some for his dc2.

Honda wouldnt sell me any for my civic jordan so went to land rover and got the same oil different sticker, half the price

Back