• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gear box problem!!!!

I got my EP2 in October last year. After about a month of having it i started to get a funny noise coming from the gear box. It sounded like a squeeling noise.

Took it back to the deal and they fixed one of the main bairings and the noise went away for about a week. The it came back so I took it back and they said it was just heat shelding.

When i got it back it was gone but not in the past month or so it has come back louder. I am worried that there is a major problem with the gear box.

Any one got any ideas what it could be so that I can confront them with it.

Thanks

Having read your posts about your car over the last week or so, it seems you have purchased yourself a right nail!
Get rid!

If it were a problem with the internals then I would have thought a really loud noise would impact the way the car drives. If this isnt the case then it just may be a vibration caused by a loose heatshield for example. Which could also support the issue in your other thread with the knocking. Whatever is loose is tw@tting something under the car when you go over humps.
Jack the car up, get underneath it and start having a poke around...when the engine has cooled of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. its just the same problems that just keeo coming back to me that once they are sorted they will be fine

Thanks for the advice. I am going to try and do something about it this weekend.

Thanks mate. I am going to take it to Honda and get it sorted under warenty but i haop that they dont say that it is void becsue i have put and exhaust system on it.

they will - they will say that the decreased back pressure causes advanced fueling - thus more power - thus ****ed gearbox - thats the way all car companies work in the recession, unless you meet a sympathetic ear.

Back