• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gear knob

Anyone any hints/tips on the best way to polish up the gear knob on the CTR mine has a few scratches on

Just force it off, don't worry about damaging the locking nut, a new one cost £1.49 from your local honda dealer :D

- Kevin.

Never heard that, seems very strange. The locking nut can be quite tight and has to be unscrewed clockwise if you're looking at it from the top?
I'm surprised you haven't, the dark side has loads of threads about glued knobs.

- Kevin.

I'm surprised you haven't, the dark side has loads of threads about glued knobs.

- Kevin.

Don't read that many sections on CTRO any more so tend to miss quite a bit, this obviously being one of the things i've glanced past :lol:

Don't read that many sections on CTRO any more so tend to miss quite a bit, this obviously being one of the things i've glanced past :lol:

I dont stray further than the for sale section...

Tend to miss the stupid posts by the fantastic mods that way :eek:

Mine came off with ease when changing the HU. Can't even see why they would be glued on.

Trust me Honda glued a lot on:( I found out ages ago when I was trying tochange my HU but found out you don't even have to take the gear knob off, just the surround round the knob and the gear gaiter:D

Back