• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

gearbox bearing getting replaced

hi, im getting the bearings in my gearbox replaced, im just wondering if it would be worth while replacing my clutch at the same time? also would a Honda clutch be a good replacement or would it be better to upgrade.

Aye, if it's done upwards of 40-50k you'll save some labour costs in the future because the clutch has to come out to get at the gearbox anyway.

That being said, a clutch on 50k can sometimes be absolutely fine, but for the sake of spending another couple of hundred quid now, you can save yourself a couple of hundred in the future.

Thanks I don't think the clutch has been replaced in the past, well thers no receipt of it gettin done. The car has 74k on the clock now, what about the limited slip differential does this ever need replaced?

Does it have a limited slip differential?

I've just had a look at your newbie thread and you said you were looking for a 05 EP3. Is that what you have?

They didn't come with a limited slip differential as standard, so unless you have had an aftermarket one put in it will have an open diff which is maintenance free.

It would be an ideal time to get an LSD fitted though, but would involve more work on the gearbox and an LSD is typically £400/500+ for the part alone depending on which one you go for.

It's a 55reg premier edition ctr. What's an LSD? It's just I thought I read somewhere they had 1, but as I said I'm not to clued up on this stuff, I'm getting their ***. Thanks for the help so going to go ahead and get a new clutch put in at the same time.

do yous think it would be ok to continue driving my car whilst the gearbox bearing is kind of grinding or will it do irevrsible damage? iv had a quote from honda of £770 to strip and repair the box or £500 for a box and then £200 fitted. any input would be appreciated.
the grinding isnt really that loud and is worst when slowing down in gear, the technician at honda said it didnt sound like the usul syncro or clutche bearing

Back