• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

It's really grown on me. I like it from all angles except the rear. Still prefer the FK2 appearance, and I don't think the independent rear is enough to sway me to make the trade. With the mods I've made on mine I'm very happy. I still like that the FK2 looks like a Civic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why, but in the low down the pic of red one, the exhausts look ridiculous to me. They don't look symmetrical either, looks lower on the left.

Nit picking though, overall I think it looks spot on.

It will be interesting to see initial sales figures as I reckon people who were in the market for one generally would have bought the FK2 over the previous 2 years that they've been on sale.

I don't know why, but in the low down the pic of red one, the exhausts look ridiculous to me. They don't look symmetrical either, looks lower on the left.

Nit picking though, overall I think it looks spot on.

It will be interesting to see initial sales figures as I reckon people who were in the market for one generally would have bought the FK2 over the previous 2 years that they've been on sale.

True the target customers got FK2. I suppose the ones to get the FK8 will be the significantly less:
- some FK2 owners, provided that they manage to sell the FK2 - this means discounting it. Given that the market is still flooded by FK2s(200 about on autoscout24.com) that are sitting. Most of the sellers are still asking for unrealistic prices.
- new Type R customers but as you said there won't be so many.

I might be in the second category but I'm not decided at all. The more time passes and Honda plays around(avoiding press drive tests, disclosing info) the more time I get to reflect and go around checking the competition. For the moment it makes little sense for me to buy an FK8 in the next year. Better hold on to see how it does or for smth else.

Last edited by a moderator:
The American audience is a big one, why do you think it looks like it does?
I wasn't explicit enough. I was referring to the markets where the FK2 Type R was sold.
In America/Australia there is different situation afaik. I agree with you. I see around a lot of hype/demand for FK8 Type R over there. At least for the beginning. Perhaps those markets will be better esp due to the big Honda fan base. Here in Europe looks to be different.

I expect the FK8 will drive better than most, if not all, of its competition.

I wasn't explicit enough. I was referring to the markets where the FK2 Type R was sold.
In America/Australia there is different situation afaik. I agree with you. I see around a lot of hype/demand for FK8 Type R over there. At least for the beginning. Perhaps those markets will be better esp due to the big Honda fan base. Here in Europe looks to be different.

Fair enough, sorry. I had wondered about that but I'm a chatty bitch at the best of times. I'm not a fan because of this particular level of kowtowing to the masses. They're a business, I get they have to make money, and the easiest way to do it is with one model rather than two, but it feels like a dilution to me. I feel similarly about the NSX.

Until the next round of releases starts the whole battle over again :)

Just got back from the USA. New, American, shape Civic's everywhere. e.g. slightly different ass to its European counterpart. And many many modified examples.

I didn't see an FK8 but the amount of slammed, rimmed Civics about tell me the US will undoubtably lap up the new Type R.

Things look already promising. The Autogefuhl reviewer was impressed by the how the steering of the FK8 Sport version felt.

Fair enough, sorry. I had wondered about that but I'm a chatty bitch at the best of times. I'm not a fan because of this particular level of kowtowing to the masses. They're a business, I get they have to make money, and the easiest way to do it is with one model rather than two, but it feels like a dilution to me. I feel similarly about the NSX.

Until the next round of releases starts the whole battle over again :)
No problem, we're here to debate/exchange information. For me the ideal is having a more knowledgeable entourage to help me improve. Also chatting with native English speakers is great for me in order to improve.
Yeah I was wondering also not if but when another competitor will raise the bar.

Just got back from the USA. New, American, shape Civic's everywhere. e.g. slightly different ass to its European counterpart. And many many modified examples.

I didn't see an FK8 but the amount of slammed, rimmed Civics about tell me the US will undoubtably lap up the new Type R.
When FK2 Type R production was closing to an end I was quite desperate about getting one. Because I thought FK8 was ugly, no way. But then seeing it in person, the new type R, I starting liking it. For the asking price it looks great.
I prefer a more spicy design instead of plain boring ones like Golf/Focus/Audi/Megane

[video=youtube;4fjKng0Zy04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fjKng0Zy04[/video]

A face only a mother could love and that rear, lol. If its an improvement on the FK2 though it'll be some car to drive.

I'm feeling strangely drawn to it in recent weeks. The rear is still a mess, but *broken record alert* a kit that would sort the rear mesh would save it. I'll certainly be on the configurator once it's live.

I really like it. I can see me getting one in a few years once the PCP/lease deals are handed back to dealers.

Back