• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Matt is so predictable with his reviews. Don’t get me wrong car wow helped me get a great deal at the time on my FK8 however his reviews are set up to make the car he’s currently got good deals on look good at the expense of others. Pitching the golf R against the civic was an example of this mismatch of cars that are not in the same class to get you to buy a golf R because it can annihilate a type r with a poor driver at a set of lights.

That was apt, got to drive the updated version today and it is stiffer than the earlier cars, R+ mode isn’t great on the road far from it, I’m at a loss to why they changed the damping tbh along with not being able to select R+ steering in Sport etc. Why Honda? Sport is good but still a bit too stiff. I drive with all aids off for enthusiastic driving in R+ but with the newer car no chance feels to risky, something I have never worried about unless in the wet before.

Brakes way way better than standard nearly as good as my EBC set up, but on my local downhill section ‘Hartside‘ I got some spoungeyness. Piped in sound I could leave but isn’t that bad, gear throw is better. Overall I would have one over the prior model but cost to change is too much now and I would have to get them to put my current shocks on, jumping back in my own car highlighted the difference.

I haven’t driven much in the last 6 months and you forget how big the Civic is, if the new one is bigger it will ruin the B road fun for me. Booked myself a 3 day walking and driving tour in the highlands next week to reacquaint myself with the car again.

That makes sense as I have the earlier model and it definitely doesn’t feel as bumpy as it was for mr Plato In +R. I tend run normally in comfort and sport if I want a bit of fun on public roads. I save +R for track days.

That was apt, got to drive the updated version today and it is stiffer than the earlier cars, R+ mode isn’t great on the road far from it, I’m at a loss to why they changed the damping tbh along with not being able to select R+ steering in Sport etc. Why Honda? Sport is good but still a bit too stiff. I drive with all aids off for enthusiastic driving in R+ but with the newer car no chance feels to risky, something I have never worried about unless in the wet before.

Brakes way way better than standard nearly as good as my EBC set up, but on my local downhill section ‘Hartside‘ I got some spoungeyness. Piped in sound I could leave but isn’t that bad, gear throw is better. Overall I would have one over the prior model but cost to change is too much now and I would have to get them to put my current shocks on, jumping back in my own car highlighted the difference.

I haven’t driven much in the last 6 months and you forget how big the Civic is, if the new one is bigger it will ruin the B road fun for me. Booked myself a 3 day walking and driving tour in the highlands next week to reacquaint myself with the car again.

+R mode is harsh on the roads because its not designed for it. The dampers have been adjusted to make the car even better on track.

Sport and comfort modes feels firmer because the whole car has been stiffened by 15%. The new shocks are calculating the changes in the road surface 20 x faster, so are doing a much better job at keeping you on it. A welcomed improvement for me.

I have never personally felt like I needed better throttle response or heavier steering in sport or comfort mode. If I'm having some fun I am happy that the car is stiffer in sport. And if I am in comfort mode I'm happy the car is relaxed. I think Honda got it right.

Fair enough, just my opinion, just think they tweaked the suspension to please the doesn’t feel as raw crowd, personally I think it is a step to far. Glad you love the car.

Is the car at standard height or has it been lowered? One thing I wasn't sure about with going to 18 is whether they'd fill the arches enough at standard ride height?

Standard ride height and I like how it looks. The overall wheel circumference is the same as OEM and being wider they fill the arches much better

81330020ea64941cbc1df38a65244529.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree they do! Puts my mind at rest a bit going down to an 18 eventually. More options available in that size. TE37 for example is not available in 19 on our stud pattern from what I could see
What width and offset did you run if you don’t mind me asking?

Back