• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Hi forum mates, BB CTR arrived today at dealer's stocking compound. Liking the color - it looks darker in person.

20200423_114353_zpscaiyu0mu.jpg

20200423_114415_zpstibjs2jv.jpg

20200423_114525_zpsexv32zhm.jpg

PDI being done tomorrow. Still have to wait as dealer ordered, then will install the interior illumination package, therefore delivery expected sometime next week. Driving this Nippon compact rocket is happening soon!!!

ROTTBOY UPDATE 4/24/20:
FANtheMan, being an old fart, my electronic abilities are fading and am not the greatest with making videos. That being the case, have previously driven both a '17 (for 5 km) and '19 CTR (for 15 km) and definitely remember those enduring experiences. Once my seat time on the '20 starts, will definitely post my impressions and attempt to make a decent video (with the radio OFF - LOL!!!) plus answer queries from fellow forum members.
Autoglym has excellent representation and is popular in Canada but am not familiar w/ their Lifeshine offer. Instead Honda Canada have their dealers market their OEM Paint Protection with a 10 year warranty. Retail cost is CND$699. I did not opt for it, however, Ceramic coating and PPF will be done immediately by my wrap guy. He will be using an industrial ceramic product. Exact details too follow.
Yes, we DO NOT get the auto start/ top feature.
Thanks all fo the kind reception to my impending delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely mate, congrats and nearly there

I also follow your posts on Civicx. Please can you do a better sound video than the other chap who didn't turn his radio down!! Not sure if you have driven a 17-19 model so will know the difference the sound activator brings but interested to know your thoughts

Do you get the Lifeshine offer from Autoglym over there?

Noticed you don't get autostart/stop over there?

Lovely mate, congrats and nearly there

I also follow your posts on Civicx. Please can you do a better sound video than the other chap who didn't turn his radio down!! Not sure if you have driven a 17-19 model so will know the difference the sound activator brings but interested to know your thoughts

X2 on this, I can't seem to find any videos or comments / reviews on the interior sound so would love some feedback, indecently have dealers in the UK started stocking the face-lift of yet or has covid shagged it for the moment?

Covid has done it dry....a good few sneaked through before lock down for usa and Canada then the draw bridge came up. They always get it first. June 17 they got their hands on the original, we were September.

Feel sorry for those whove ordered the ultimate

Filthy polluters!!! :D

Unfortunately right!!! Watch our ozone layer deplete further since gas prices have gone down by more than 40%.:mad:
Trust me, I will be good on that gas pedal by limiting my revs to 4,000 rpm for the first 600 miles! LOL!!!
Hey, you guys get it better than NA when it comes to model availability. Many CTR's never even sold on these shores. '20 FK8's may be arriving a bit late but you're getting them for sure!
Wanted the FK2 badly (that's why I put a deposit down back in 2014 and the dealer thought I was nuts) but alas, only my Euro and Nippon buddies are fortunate enough to land these plus all the previous iterations. Still, like the look/size better than the FK8. A true pocket-rocket!

Someone on the fk2 page has fitted the 2020 discs

He said it was 225eur for the set (pads included) which seems really really cheap.

02f6cf94e020c07a1afa9ce35e03d9e0.jpg

c758d84fd6e044e41942eae69f906575.jpg

a9c9133ea65265f080408454833c8fe6.jpg

Did he weigh them? Be interesting to see how much they save.

They are apparently 1.1 kilos lighter than the 17-19. I love the look of floating discs, but also like the cross drilled look as well...shame they are not both

That's way too cheap though surely!

They are apparently 1.1 kilos lighter than the 17-19. I love the look of floating discs, but also like the cross drilled look as well...shame they are not both

That's way too cheap though surely!

What they say and what they are is always worth checking, that is a nice saving if it is the case.

................They always get it first. June 17 they got their hands on the original, we were September..............
My guess, Honda figures It's all marketing based. Satisfy the largest market (USA LHD) then the factory has to re-tool for the RHD market. 2020's will be forthcoming. Better late than never. IMO, once I get my '20, the driving difference will be minimal from the '17's MY onwards. HP remains the same so the mechanical upgrades are decent but NOT, significant enough to differentiate.
Personally, was just wanting the fake louvers to be cleaned up but even if that didn't happen, would've still gotten one, being the last out of Swindon, UK. It's the only factory that builds hatches for the NA market. They have figured it out and the quality learning curve is high.

My local Honda has service appointments for all, available from Monday

Not sure if anyone has the service light on and their local is following suit!

mine reopens on the 11th, I'm booked in for the "B" service on 27th (still got 1800 miles says the dash but the 12 months is up on May 8th). dealer already has photos up on Facebook showing how the sales showroom will be setup to maintain social distancing.

Delivered- Finally!

After waiting a week for the dealer to order and install the illumination package, finally took delivery last Thursday and took my new girl out for a brief 50 mile drive. Having driven both a '17 an '19 CTR, here are my impressions:

R setting - exactly the same as previous MY's. Only difference is you hear the exhaust a bit more through the infotainment system. Feels good for the driver but nothing spectacular. For an old fart like me, it's perfect, but my sons are already bugging me to upgrade to aftermarket like many have done on this forum. This is my favorite setting. Throttle response is as active as previous models.
Sport setting - same
Comfort setting - its quieter and softer than previous model. Almost like driving a regular Civic sedan. The throttle response is tamer than previous models. This will be the setting that I will use the least.
Driver aids - All nice features. Lane watch is irritating when I make a sudden move and there is a bit of steering input to signal the change of lanes. Blind spot is good but I seem to catch it in my mirrors first. Haven't tried brake collision or cruise control yet. Added pluses but nothing earth changing from previous models. I am old school and if you can't change lanes, see who's beside you, brake before a collision - stop, take a rest before driving again. Electronic aids react way faster than we do and definitely prevent mishaps, but, for me, if I don't catch it before the machines do, then I know I should be driving an automatic Corolla instead. LOL!!!
Brakes - The same in normal city driving. Very responsive to the touch
Shifting - A bit closer. I don't have the 2nd gear crunch either, but, that could just be I got lucky they adjusted it right at the factory. Gear shift knob, for me feels better in the hand.
Alcantara Steering Wheel - Looks tacky (previous MY's better IMO) but nice to the touch. Good for those sweaty hands when doing track day hot laps!!! Doubt it will wear gracefully.

CONCLUSION:
The significant difference is that it's a 2020 MY. Newer and the last year with BB color being unique. Other than that, because there is no HP increase, IMO, doesn't matter what MY anyone has. I won't track, so heating/braking issues are not of any importance. Anyway, there are many mods available that will make previous years even better!!!

At home with her big sisters!!!
20200430_115907_zpszfsgletb.jpg

The delay culprit - OEM interior illumination
20200430_115430_zpsgpzmoe1t.jpg

20200430_115311_zpse14dabzi.jpg

Taking a nap after her first drive
20200430_121007_zpsmzeifest.jpg

Scheduled for PPF and Ceramic Coating this coming week. Once decently protected, it's time for extensive drive time!!!

.........congrats getting her home............only in r mode the exhaust plays through the speakers?
Lovely garage ........but thinking a championship white ...........a better fit..!;)

Thanks FTMan.
Yes, in R Mode I can hear it through the sound system. Progressively more evident above 3,000 rpm or so. Haven't really gone past 4,500 rpm yet.
IMO, Comfort Mode is quieter and softer than previous MY's. An unnecessary setting, but would certainly be appreciated by my wife!!! They also desensitized the throttle response more than past model years.
CWhte was my first choice! Still think it's the best color, however, gave in to all my sons request. After a few days of ownership, surprisingly have gotten multiple compliments on the color (not necessarily the car)!

Nice write up thanks and congrats getting her home. So is it only in r mode the exhaust plays through the speakers?

Lovely garage you got there as well...but can't help but thinking a championship white one would have been a better fit..!;)

Back