• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Geometry set up. Does this price seem OK?

I have purchased my camber bolts and arms already. I'm not getting the car lowered.

I have been quoted £50 plus Vat to fit the parts and then £205 plus Vat to do an initial check and then make any necessary adjustments. Does this sound about right? I've really no idea what stuff like this costs.

Thanks.

i would fit the parts yourself if your happy to remove a few bolts. and i think thats a bit steep for the set-up. you could take the dimensions to a competent wheel alignment place and have it done for around £80-£100. Check on Align my car website for a local garage with a decent set-up.

I'm sure Grinspeed charge about £80 +VAT for a set-up from memory if you already have the parts fitted, so that sounds steep.

i would fit the parts yourself if your happy to remove a few bolts. and i think thats a bit steep for the set-up. you could take the dimensions to a competent wheel alignment place and have it done for around £80-£100. Check on Align my car website for a local garage with a decent set-up.

Thanks Spike. I will check the website you suggested. I did have a go at loosening the bolts and used Plusgas but I'm too weak! Hence getting them fitted. I thought £45 for fitting was fine but £205 for the actual alignment sounds too much.

I'm sure Grinspeed charge about £80 +VAT for a set-up from memory if you already have the parts fitted, so that sounds steep.

Yes £205 sounds too steep. They quoted £45 for initial check then £40 per corner for alignment.

I will need to find some more places near me and get some prices. Grinspeed is a fair trek from me so would prefer somewhere nearer if anyone has any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had mine done to at a HiQ / bush tyres after giving them the specs, think they charged £95 inc vat
Although when I checked the alignment sheet they had made an error in TOE.
So when I pointed it out and they corrected it.
I wouldn't pay over £100 for it. Anywhere with 4 wheel alignment can do do it.

Im sure there is a website where you can search local places that have hunter 4 wheel alignment.
alignmycar or symilar

Im sure there is a website where you can search local places that have hunter 4 wheel alignment.
alignmycar or symilar

Thanks. That's the website Spike recommended as well. Trouble is I can't get the bolts undone so need someone to fit the bolts and arms first. I'm sure some places listed on the site could do that though.

Yes I swapped the rear arms over myself was very easy job, but my front bolts were seized.
If the bolts come out then its easy.
Just make sure they get then washer tab on the front bolts facing the right way :rolleyes:

Grinspeed certainly get recommended a lot on here but with a 400 mile round trip the cheaper cost is negated by the petrol cost unfortunately.

Anyway I rang Red-R Performance from on here and they recommended Northampton Motorsport.

Assuming they can get the old arms and bolts off without too much trouble I am looking at between £170 and £190 to fit the new parts and set the car up. Much better than the original quote I had of approximately £290.

Getting it done on the 3rd July. Just got to decide on the settings I want. As it's my daily with a few B road blasts I think I am looking at 1 deg -ve camber all round, 2mm toe in on the rear and 1mm toe out on the front. I will see what the garage recommend as well. Can't wait.

Edit: change of plan it's going in on Monday now. Result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on settings for road use IMO.

I found -1.4 on the front felt a little nicer on the turn in but I was murdering the inside of tyres.

I've posted this on my members page but I will post here too. I had my geometry set up done today but I'm fairly sure it's not right.

I wanted the standard frsu settings

1 degree negative camber all round.
2mm toe in rear
1mm toe out on the front.

I'm fairly sure my request has been ignored but before I go ape at the company. Can someone explain in simple terms what I've actually ended up with.

I think looking at the image they only did the rear camber as I requested.

Thanks in advance.
1ee2e6393814c341122c871a5c602160.jpg

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Camber could be more aggressive in the front. Much more toe on the rear and it's toe out, you want in unless you want a lively rear end.

I know it's within spec (caster), but have you hit something relatively hard with your left front wheel at some stage?

Camber could be more aggressive in the front. Much more toe on the rear and it's toe out, you want in unless you want a lively rear end.

Ok so not enough camber up front and they put toe out on the rear instead of toe in?

Does toe out on the front look ok or not enough?

Why can't these morons just do what you ask? No doubt end up paying to get it done properly. Should have gone to Grinspeed :rolleyes:

I know it's within spec (caster), but have you hit something relatively hard with your left front wheel at some stage?

It's quite possible. I use it for work so I know I've hit a few potholes here and there. Thanks for pointing it out though. Something I can look into.

Just to say - I spoke to a couple places about a year ago and they were charging 180 - 220 for alignment etc. It was something like £20 per wheel for toe & same for camber or something like that.

Couldn't believe it.

I emailed the company as I'm getting really confused about the settings.

This is the reply below that they sent. They are saying it's basically correct:

Our vehicle print out is in degrees and minutes of angular measurement whereas the toe values you have given are in millimetres

Looking at the camber first, there are 60 minutes in a degree so the values at the front of -57 and -50 minutes are very close to the 1 degree of negative camber you are looking for. The rear camber is exactly as you specified at 1 degree negative.

On the toe readings the rear toe was specified at 2mm toe in which is an included angle and equates to 1mm of toe in per side. 1mm converted for your wheel size is 8 minutes of toe in and you actually have 7 and 9 minutes so again almost spot on what you were looking for.

If someone can explain it all in laymans terms I would appreciate it.

Degrees are split into minutes (60). So you have 0.83° on one side and 0.95° on the other. In minutes it's -50 and -57 respectively.

Not sure on the toe vs wheel size part.

Back