• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Geometry set up. Does this price seem OK?

You requested toe in mm, but their kit does it on an angle. To do the maths to get from a length to an angle you need to use the tyre size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah fair enough, I took positive figures to be toe out not in.

According to what they've said then, 8 degree is 1mm of toe, so rears are close. Fronts have almost no toe, but left is toeing in and right is toeing out, albeit slight on either side.

By camber being more aggressive in the front, it's personal preference but I used to use 1.75 deg of camber which on their machine would be 1 deg 45 minutes. On the right, you've got 50 minutes, which is where I meant it could be more aggressive.

Geo is often seen as much of a muchness by a lot of garages, as long as it's in tolerance. I used to always be back at TDi with mine though as I could tell when it had gone out ever do slightly but that could have been a factor of it being polybushed etc.

Thanks for the reply Loxy. It's starting to make more sense now as to what I've got and what I haven't.

Looks like the rear is set up near as requested but I'm not sure why they put an almost neutral setting on the front toe and less than 1 degree negative camber on the front particularly as the left and right were slightly different.

It's a bit pointless getting these camber arms and bolts fitted if they don't adjust it properly to how you want!

I'm not sure if it's worth pursuing or just leave it as it is.

Just to say - I spoke to a couple places about a year ago and they were charging 180 - 220 for alignment etc. It was something like £20 per wheel for toe & same for camber or something like that.

Couldn't believe it.

I had a quote of £40 per wheel from one place which is why I went with these people. It cost £96 but not sure they did a brilliant job.

I emailed the company as I'm getting really confused about the settings.

This is the reply below that they sent. They are saying it's basically correct:

Our vehicle print out is in degrees and minutes of angular measurement whereas the toe values you have given are in millimetres

Looking at the camber first, there are 60 minutes in a degree so the values at the front of -57 and -50 minutes are very close to the 1 degree of negative camber you are looking for. The rear camber is exactly as you specified at 1 degree negative.

On the toe readings the rear toe was specified at 2mm toe in which is an included angle and equates to 1mm of toe in per side. 1mm converted for your wheel size is 8 minutes of toe in and you actually have 7 and 9 minutes so again almost spot on what you were looking for.

If someone can explain it all in laymans terms I would appreciate it.

In short, the company who done are near enough spot on with what you wanted.
More importantly, does it drive better?

In short, the company who done are near enough spot on with what you wanted.
More importantly, does it drive better?

Yes to be fair the company got back to me explaining the settings so I've decided I'm generally satisfied.

I haven't tried it in anger yet but I'm sure compared to the old settings which were all over the place it should be great.

I've already changed the original ARB to a JDM one and put on some decent tyres and it's made a world of difference anyway.

Back