• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Getting proper f**ked off now!!

NYA

Right, i've done the IACV clean, i've put on a K Tuned TPS, i've reset all EML's and yet my car is still playing up. The TPS sensor sorted my high idle, but it's still rev hunting occasionally and it's now really jerky on acceleration. All gears are the same at about 2250rpm, it's like there's no throttle, then it all comes in in one great big lump. It's annoying as hell in lower gears as it looks like i can't drive for shiz. Someone help, i'm getting to the end of my tether with it, i'm close to putting a match to the bloody car:evil:

Split in the intake pipe?

Gasket not sealed on the throttle body?

Gasket leaking on the inlet manifold?

Still mapped on that shiz? Throttle mapping might be all wrong now...

Right, i've done the IACV clean, i've put on a K Tuned TPS, i've reset all EML's and yet my car is still playing up. The TPS sensor sorted my high idle, but it's still rev hunting occasionally and it's now really jerky on acceleration. All gears are the same at about 2250rpm, it's like there's no throttle, then it all comes in in one great big lump. It's annoying as hell in lower gears as it looks like i can't drive for shiz. Someone help, i'm getting to the end of my tether with it, i'm close to putting a match to the bloody car:evil:

Mapping issue ?

Strip to standard, if you're still selling it.

The problem with stripping is finding all the crap to replace bits with. Intake, exhaust, both manifolds, throttle body etc etc etc. I'm not up for being lowballed by muppets who think they can get everything cheaper on eBay. It's just a ballache.

Get it into Tdi or eurospec or something, get it on hondata and pull off some logging, find out whats amiss.

Problem is its not on a Hondata ECU it's on some sh1tty old Dastek ECU. I'm trying to find someone local who might still have the software. If worst comes to worst I'll K100 it and factor it into the cost of sale.

Have you asked Paul if he's get the software? He does seem to have most things.

I'll shoot him an email John. This is the biggest issue living where we do, getting to people who can do a good job and with the correct tools for it, are few and far between. I'm trying to get hold of Paul from JDM Garage down in Bude to see if his friend Martin still maps the Dastek. It's giving me a headache I swear :lol:

I think it's a throttle body issue , it wouldn't take much to get hold of standard prc inlet with throttle body and a standard manifold and ecu :)

Darren, just drive to Warrington and see Paul. Then let me and John know and we'll go for a beer. :)

Back