• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Getting rid of my BC coilovers

Please do not advertise parts for sale or swap till you meet the criteria laid out within the for sale section. - MilanoChris

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that the idea - I'm looking for some OEM's on ebay and I'll put Eibachs on. Pro kit or Sport line?

Then I was thinking of going for the FRSU - but was worried if this will make the ride a bone shaker?

regards,

Yoshi

oem shocks and some good springs are completey different to coilovers mate, if it's more comfort but still improved handling over oem you are after you are going about it the right way. You'll only really notice the difference in stability when you really push it hard, which of course should only be on track anyway, at all other times you will be glad you made the change.
I see lots of people choosing coilovers this past year or so and not being happy with the car afterwards, some going back to oem shocks and eibach springs or similar, and some losing the love altogether and selling up. When choosing coilies you really need to be prepared for what lies ahead and of course get the car set up correctly or you will be disappointed. I'm lucky with the 2 sets of coilovers I have had that eightspeed persisted with me and we got the car set up really well, but to further improve it we swapped the BC Racing for buddyclub N+, fitted lighter wheels, polybushes, roll centre adjusters, the right choice of tyre front and back and a 24mm arb and several geo tweaks. I didn't really know what lay ahead when I chose the coilover route, but followed it through anyway and now have a lovely end result, but to climb into my mates ctr with oem's+eibachs really shows up the difference in comfort levels...it's huge, but still a very capable road car.

Anyone know how much they would expect to pay for a set of 2nd hand OEM struts and springs for an CTR EP3?

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be someone on here wanting to get some coilovers. Try the for sale section and that your wanting to swap (with cash your way) for OEM shocks preferably with lowering springs

Leaking coilover, rebuild it. Leaking OEM strut, replace it.

And don't try and turn this into a for sale thread for your BC coilovers please.

Can't imagine what you're pertaining to or how you were under the impression that was happening?
Merely expressing my thoughts and plans as to what my thoughts on coilvers were :)

Back