• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

give me some help lads

Right then, i want to get in to this detailing malarky, and having a milano red car it needs a good protection to stop it fading( yep its still red)

Ive been looking on i4detailing , was gonna go for autoglym srp and egp, but in the end i am swaying towards dodo products. This is what i have in my basket at the mo:

lime clay bar

dodo 'born slippy' clay lube

dodo 'lime prime' polish/ cleanser

dodo 'red mist' sealant

i have some meguiars carnubu wax at home to use after the lime prime

All will be aplied by hand

Am i on the right track???.......also dont know if any of the above products have UV protection in them??

all advice welcome, as i am a clueless feck witt:p

I have lime prime and red mist (not the tropical red mist) and they are worth getting. Not too sure about uv protection though?

The ultimate finish, clean your car and serious performance are all good sites also! :)

By hand:-

I wouldn't bother getting both LP and SRP to be honest.

SRP will to a better job of filling the swirls in, and is a tiny bit abbraisive, LP has better abbraisives, but less filling ability.

For red, I would clay (With Bilt hamber - you use water for lube), then Lime prime, maybe a couple of times, then finish off with a strong wax (Collinite 476s etc).

Or you could clay > SRP > EGP (which has UV protectants in).

There won't be much in it to be fair, depends how bad it is.

If you're near DE12 you could get a nice machine polish ;)

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?68994-Markl-s-30AE-red-type-R-machine-polish.

DSCF2189640x480.jpg

cheers Joe, thanks for the offer, im no where near derby though(im in sunny cornwall)

Right thats it then im going for BH clay, SRP & EGP.................... what detailing spray would be good for top ups on the egp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Red mist is not a sealant by the way. More like an ultra glossy quick Detailer. It dissuade super water beading though. Look in my pics. I use wash and rinse with born to be mild dodo juice > meguiars clay bar with born slippy clay lube > super resin polish > collinite 476s (from cleanyourcar.co.uk) x 2 layers on body work and wheels > engine cleaner and dressing > car lack glass cleaner and sealant x2 layers.

Back