• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

God I need a DIFF LOL

CTR said:
Sell the wife if she gives you a hard time :wink: :lol:

What brakes are you going for mate?

Well I think I should go for AP's, but the misses does deal with Alcon which are the dogs, Alcon do a kit for Evo's so I'd need to speak to them about a fitment.

After riding in that Cup challenge spec golf, It really did highlight how inadiquate my drivetrain is!! Thinking of stripping and caging too, race seats and harnesses etc8) CTR is a weekend car now, so Why the fook not eh!. Oulton was a bit scary in places and somebody did end up on the roof :shock: So I fiqure doing more track days I might as well do something to protect myself, and I aint slowing down :wink:

Reddy said:
CTR said:
Sell the wife if she gives you a hard time :wink: :lol:

What brakes are you going for mate?

Well I think I should go for AP's, but the misses does deal with Alcon which are the dogs, Alcon do a kit for Evo's so I'd need to speak to them about a fitment.

After riding in that Cup challenge spec golf, It really did highlight how inadiquate my drivetrain is!! Thinking of stripping and caging too, race seats and harnesses etc8) CTR is a weekend car now, so Why the fook not eh!. Oulton was a bit scary in places and somebody did end up on the roof :shock: So I fiqure doing more track days I might as well do something to protect myself, and I aint slowing down :wink:

With Alcon mate, Spoon are replacing their monoblock calipers with two Alcon based kits, one 4 pot for smaller wheels and the big 6 pot kit for larger wheels so might be worth trying to find out a bit more about them :)

AP Racing also do a 6 pot kit for the CTR. I enquired about AP brakes before I had my Stoptech kit, but seeing as the AP kit requires aftermarket 17's and the Stoptech kit didn't I decided on buying the latter as I like the OE wheels.

Here's the email I received from AP when I enquired about them:

Honda Civic Type R, APRacing front brake kits Part numbers: -

CP5200-1057 : - 4-pot(BLACK) calipers, Ø330x28mm disc List £1358.23 + vat.
CP5200-1057R2: - 4-pot(RED) calipers, Ø330x28mm disc, drilled brake faces.
List £1377.00 + vat.
This kit requires a 17" aftermarket wheel due to OE 17" wheel spokes fouling
the APR caliper front face.

CP5570-1012 : - 6-pot(BLACK) calipers, Ø330x28mm disc, drilled brake faces.
List £1637.55 + vat.
CP5570-1012R2: - 6-pot(RED) calipers, Ø330x28mm disc drilled brake faces.
List £1657.00 + vat.
The 6 piston kits use the same size disc as the 4-pot kits hence they fit
inside the same wheels as the 4-pots. They do not require 18" rims!
Advantage on the 6-pot being, greater pad area than the 4-pot, ideal for a
car doing a lot of track day events. Down side, the pads are twice as
expensive as 4-pot types.

Brake profile / template drawings are available off the web. The drawing can
be printed off, cut to shape and used to check wheels for potential
clearance problems.

http://www.apracing.com/roadcar/brakekit/index.htm Top left picture shows 4
& 6 pot in also black & red versions.

http://www.apracing.com/roadcar/brakekit/data.asp Click the word HERE in
the text for profile and kit contents sheet drawings.

http://www.apracing.com/roadcar/brakekit/caliper.htm CP5200 / CP5570 gives
caliper type and pad details.

http://www.apracing.com/info/stockists.asp World Wide agents list.

Ive now got Spoon diff fitted and its great, nail the car out of a corner and there's no wheel spin at all, it just grips and grips.
Yes its noisy first thing in the morning at very slow speeds but once the gearbox has warmed up its quiet.
If i get 10+k miles out of it before it needs a service im not bothered, just cant wait till i get it on track again to really find out what a difference its made.

Would be good to see the difference between a Spooned road car against the Quaiffed road ones. 8)

Can anyone give me information on the Cusco diff for the EP3 / DC5. I believe there are 2 types (not sure which one I need info on). I presume these are serviceable - Does anyone know how often?? Also I presume a specific gearbox oil would be needed?? Is the Cusco a clutch type diff??

Can anyone give me information on the Cusco diff for the EP3 / DC5. I believe there are 2 types (not sure which one I need info on). I presume these are serviceable - Does anyone know how often?? Also I presume a specific gearbox oil would be needed?? Is the Cusco a clutch type diff??

I 'think' they will/are the same as the Kaaz/Spoon diff

So providing the car was only used for daily road driving, no hard track action - What would be the approximate service schedule for the diff?? I have heard around 30,000 miles mentioned before for the Spoon unit??

So providing the car was only used for daily road driving, no hard track action - What would be the approximate service schedule for the diff?? I have heard around 30,000 miles mentioned before for the Spoon unit??

30k is about right iirc. Nick has a Kaaz iirc which as i said is pertty much the same as a spoon diff so he will know more than me :cool:

Servicing on them isn't as bad as people make out. I was chatting to Tom about them once and he recommended the spoon diff over JDM/Quaiffe and not to worry about the servicing... If you can put up with the knocking on slow full lock.

Yeah i'm running the Kaaz plate diff, which apparently has slightly larger plates than the spoon, not that myself or Tom could see much difference in all honesty.

I'm expecting at least 50k miles before having to strip and rebuild it, just need to change the gearbox oil every 3-4k to ensure smoother running.

Mine doesn't so much knock at slow speeds in an audible sense, but it will make the whole car judder on part throttle slow speed turning, as in moving your way around a car park, ie it can be a bit of a pain, but it does make a big difference once up and running properly:cool:

Cheers for the info guys. Has a quick word with Tom @ TGM this morning about it, and he has given me some good advice.:cool:

Back