• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

God I need a DIFF LOL

:lol: MY Life!!! That was fun today!
Oulton Park @280 bhp fwd No Diff :lol:

Wasnt really an issue at Silverstone at all, being so fast an wide, but Oulton!!, :twisted: Brilliant track quite technical, was throwing it over the kurbs into knickerbrooke then out over them again, then bouncing and wheelspinning up the hill in third (in the dry) :lol: :roll: keeping a Golf cup challenge prep'd car behind :lol: .

Then I had a ride in the Golf :shock: FOOK me. GRIP!!!!
New gti T @250bhp Fully prep'd, diff, Brilliant DSG gearbox, AP's etc.
Turn while on the power and quess what??? IT TURNS :lol: So after frying
my poor New disc&pads in a couple of sesions and mullering nearside tyre from spinning them in every slowish corner hehe. I think I'd better look into at least getting a diff now :oops:

Which is best? Quaffe or Spoon
Brakes, are going to have to wait, I replaced them cheaply again and there just not up to the job of haulling the car down lap after lap, so I'll get saving I supose.

Will do diff though first.

Quaife have been about a long long time mate.

Speak to some of the guys envolved with track days etc, but I'd say Quaife

Spoon needs regular servicing, and apparently is noisy in reverse.

Quaife is maintenance free, and may happy owners on TRO and CTRO :D

The Spoon is a really a track only diff and not advisable to use it on the road. It's very noisy, needs servicing and probably more exspensive the the Quiafe.

I have the quaiffe fitted and it seams up to the task, never tried any other type, but you are more than welcome to come over and I will take you for spin

From what I've been told the Spoon diff needs servicing every 30,000 miles. Spoon diff is the better diff as it's 1.5way LSD as opposed to the Quaife which is just a 1way LSD. The Spoon diff will act on deceleration as well as acceleration, the Quaife will only act on acceleration. It's down to personal preference and whether you want to fork out for the overhaul work on the Spoon should you choose it. Myself, if I'd ever gone LSD on my CTR I would've gone for a plated diff just like the Spoon, but it's each to their own.

Whichever you choose it's going to be massive improvement over what you have now.

Good luck :wink:

CTR said:
From what I've been told the Spoon diff needs servicing every 30,000 miles. Spoon diff is the better diff as it's 1.5way LSD as opposed to the Quaife which is just a 1way LSD. The Spoon diff will act on deceleration as well as acceleration, the Quaife will only act on acceleration. It's down to personal preference and whether you want to fork out for the overhaul work on the Spoon should you choose it. Myself, if I'd ever gone LSD on my CTR I would've gone for a plated diff just like the Spoon, but it's each to their own.

Whichever you choose it's going to be massive improvement over what you have now.

Good luck :wink:

Don't forget the diff isn't working when you're driving in a straight line so it's hard to say how long it will last but Tom @ TGM has several thousand race miles on his spoon diff with no strip or rebuild.

The Spoon diff is the more effective diff for track and is fine for road if you can cope with the clunkyness at low speeds on tight lock.

I, like Liam, would and am going to be fitting a 1.5way plate diff to the DC2 as it's alot more effective than the stock diff and quaife diff and the noises are a small trade off for ultimately alot more grip IMO

Quaife for easy day to day living
Spoon/Js Racing/Kaaz/cusco 1.5way for ultimate performance but slightly harder to live with and rebuild costs every couple of years.

Might look into changing it next year, as I now only do about 5k miles and it will come down even more next year.

Had to check the first post :oops: , thought strange place to come out :roll: , but each to their own :lol:

Just sent a deposit off to another member, for a Quaffe ABT diff 8).
Hiding £400 from the wife isnt to much of a problem, but £1500 for brakes might be a little harder!!!.

Anyone fancy an Armarni leather jacket??, X/box, PS2,epson printer, Yamaha acustic quitar, Two siamese 1 yr old cats...................... :lol:

Sell the wife if she gives you a hard time :wink: :lol:

What brakes are you going for mate?

Reddy said:
Just sent a deposit off to another member, for a Quaffe ABT diff 8).
Hiding £400 from the wife isnt to much of a problem, but £1500 for brakes might be a little harder!!!.

Anyone fancy an Armarni leather jacket??, X/box, PS2,epson printer, Yamaha acustic quitar, Two siamese 1 yr old cats...................... :lol:

Nice one mate, just give her a slap :shock: :p

- Kevin.

Back