• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Goldie Jon's Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI

After a stint in a Cosmic CTR, I've decided I needed to get back into a diesel. After owning a Fabia vRS for 3 years back in my late teens, I decided to go back to VAG. The civic has been great, but its costing a lot to run.

Due to sell the Civic once I get the V5 for the seat and swap the plates over.

Anyway enough about that.

The car is a 54 Seat Ibiza Cupra TDI
160bhp - 243 ft/lbs
4pot, 312mm AP Racing brakes
Seat Sport Front Mounted Intercooler

Pics are below.

19a795cc-1.jpg

0f5f04af-1.jpg

4fff9b2b-1.jpg

20b1827a-1.jpg

76270b4f-1-1.jpg

4bafbe25-1.jpg

55087104-1.jpg

4bda21fe.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looks nice! I've got an A3 2.0tdi 140 at the moment, although that will be going later in the year for a CTR. Always had VAG so far, love them! I just fancy a change as I'm moving closer to work so running will be less :)

Any plans other than a remap?

I only do 20 miles a day but with my hills it's like doing 50-60 on the flat. Costing me a fortune.

Planning on a whiteline rear anti roll bar, eibach springs for a subtle drop, better tyres and a new set of disks and pads.

I paid £5.5k for it. 71k, Full seat service history. Just had new clutch and flywheel fitted, cambelt and water pump just done, new top mounts, super pro bushes all round. All ready to go for stage one :)

I do 50-60 miles a day at the moment, should be cutting that down to 2-3 miles a day (or walk/bike) lol

Sounds like a good deal! Didn't realise how cheap they were now! My mate had one a couple of years ago, was awesome! My mums got an ibiza but only a shameful 1.2 base spec lol these are a lot better and love the seats in them.

I know for the spec its a lot of car for the money.

My mum had a 1.2 version too. I learnt to drive in it years ago. Had no problems at all. Which made me buy the cupra. :)

I know for the spec its a lot of car for the money.

My mum had a 1.2 version too. I learnt to drive in it years ago. Had no problems at all. Which made me buy the cupra. :)

Haha popular mum car hey! Yeah my mums had hers since new (55 plate) and had no problems with it! Reliable cars :)

How many miles was the CTR getting to a tank? Guessing it was more smiles per mile rather than mpg!

I will be when it does. Currently waiting for v5 to swap private plate then it's up for sale. Just had grooves disks and new pads all round and full service at grinspeed.

I'll still be doing the spring an summer runs as usual so you'll see it then mate.

I will be when it does. Currently waiting for v5 to swap private plate then it's up for sale. Just had grooves disks and new pads all round and full service at grinspeed.

I'll still be doing the spring an summer runs as usual so you'll see it then mate.

Good stuff mate :D Look forward to it, get it organised ;)

How did you find the grooved discs compared to the oem ones?

Haha popular mum car hey! Yeah my mums had hers since new (55 plate) and had no problems with it! Reliable cars :)

How many miles was the CTR getting to a tank? Guessing it was more smiles per mile rather than mpg!

Haha yes indeed mate. Full tank would get me 300 miles without any vtec. 250 with a few blasts. I once drained a tank in 170 miles. When I fitted the tegiwa :)

Good stuff mate :D Look forward to it, get it organised ;)

How did you find the grooved discs compared to the oem ones?

Yeah will sort it out soon. Will be looking at beginning of April. Will get a thread up pretty soon.

The brakes are very good. I can't tell much difference from standard to be honest. They look cool though. They were £160 all in including Mintex pads from brake depot.

Yeah will sort it out soon. Will be looking at beginning of April. Will get a thread up pretty soon.

The brakes are very good. I can't tell much difference from standard to be honest. They look cool though. They were £160 all in including Mintex pads from brake depot.

Good stuff mate, thought they'd be a bit better stopping than standard, although from what I've read, the OEM discs on the EP3 are very good. Do look cool too ;)

Is your mate still enjoying his EP3? (forgotten his name :oops: )

Haha yes indeed mate. Full tank would get me 300 miles without any vtec. 250 with a few blasts. I once drained a tank in 170 miles. When I fitted the tegiwa :)

Ah thats awesome! Better than I expected anyway lol thought they would be constant 200ish miles even when driving normally! Cheers dude :)

Good stuff mate, thought they'd be a bit better stopping than standard, although from what I've read, the OEM discs on the EP3 are very good. Do look cool too ;)

Is your mate still enjoying his EP3? (forgotten his name :oops: )

Ben yeah GTI 00 is his username on here. Yeah he loves it. He currently has a spoon n1, unsilenced b pipe, and it booked in for sports cat and manifold :) he's coming on the next meet :)

The grooved are better when they get hot, good for fast road and trackdays. Watch out for drilled though, they look good but a prone to cracking.

Back