• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gone from 50 profile to 55 profile, don't like it, yuck, wah wah wah.

Hmm, who would have thought that going up from a 50 to a 55 profile tyre would have made such a difference...

Was previously running 195/50/15s on a Hankook V12 tyre all round, and I've now "upgraded" to a Bridgestone RE010 on 195/55/15 and quite frankly I don't like it at all. Pressures are good, and I'm finding it tramlines and the wheel is all over the place. The tyres I've got aren't brand new, but they're certainly not that old. 5-600 miles maybe.

Any thoughts as to why? Previously run on wacky camber settings or something?

The wheels themselves are all balanced up, and I have no other symptoms. They don't wobble or anything like that.

I'm seriously tempted to strip them off and go back to a 50 profile and punt them on. :(

55 is a lot of sidewall mate.

When I put the winter tyres on my S2000 they were 55, but under hard acceleration in the dry it would feel like the car was snaking, but it was actually the sidewall flexing, lol.

I reckon you have too much wall.

Are the tyres facing the right way?

Continued epic fail on that part, they were facing the right way. Sigh, need more sleep/skill/ability etc.. FML.

55 is a lot of sidewall mate.

When I put the winter tyres on my S2000 they were 55, but under hard acceleration in the dry it would feel like the car was snaking, but it was actually the sidewall flexing, lol.

I reckon you have too much wall.

Hmm, I have a feeling you might be right. I didn't check when I bought them, and only spotted they were 55s when I stuck them on the car. Looks like I'll be punting them on then. Nuts.

UK spec DC2 tyres are 195/55/15.

RE010 should feel a LOT better than Hanpuke V12s TBH mate. Are you sure the tyres are decent ones, ie not 10 year old rubber etc? RE010 was discontinued a while ago iirc so the rubber won't be recent.

Hmm, didn't know that chap. Presumed it would be the 50s.

Agree, they should be a lot better but not the case for me. The rubber itself looks good, not perished, bulging or mishapen in any way. Appreciate they have been supersceeded but they look brand new.

OT slightly, but I had no complaints about the V12s that came on the car. They were actually very capable, even with the backs running as low as they did (like slicks lol).

I think I might run 50s again to drop some of the sidewall flex, will have a read up on itr-dc2 to see what people recommend on the standard 15s.

I've just changed from Hanpuke's on the front of mine to the RE002 and the difference is like night and day. Maybe play with the tyre pressures and see if it changes things?

Possibly, I'll have a mooch.

I'm rocking CW white OEMs on mine at the moment, and I'm not 100% sure if I like them or not so I might just home refurb the grey wheels I've got and wrap them in some new rubber as I've got some time to do that with the spare set. Just means no spirited driving for a bit longer, boo.

Bridgestone don't do a 50 profile tyre in 195/15. :(

T1Rs, V12s, or Paradas...

Or go OEM 15 size with a 55 profile...

scruff your prayers answered.

nankang manufacture the ever unpopular NS-2 in 195/50/15 and they're a snip at £40 a tyre. fill your boots son.
http://camskill.co.uk/m53b0s99p545/NANKANG_TYRES_CAR_NANKANG_NS2_NANKANG_NS_2_-_195_50R15_82V_TL_

expect bad road noise, chronic oversteer, problems getting the tyres balanced as they came out the factory faulty. their saving grace is a quick wear rate so you can put something else on as soon as possible.

Rossy, mate. Where would I be without you? :D

Get Yokohama Advan AD08's then, I've got 195/50 R15's on mine. ;)

On the other end of the spectrum... Much bucks?

i guess supply and demand jord. 17 being a more common size. that is at least the line spun back in 2001 when people were dicking around with 16 and 17" saxo aftermarket alloys. there may be some truth left in that.

Back