• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Good guide, but I have a question

NickCTR

Moron
At the risk of sounding a tw@, would it be a good idea to drill a small hole in the AEM CAI tubing, to drain water, just like the Gruppe has?

Would performance suffer? The Gruppe has one so maybe not such a bad idea? Although that hole is between filter and scoop so the principle is different. :(

Obviously drill the hole in the horizontal part, just before the pipe bends downwards towards the filter.

Mind you, that's pretty close to the engine :eek:

Maybe the downward part instead.

Ah f*** it, it's like putting a hole in a hoover hose
doh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
At the risk of sounding a tw@, would it be a good idea to drill a small hole in the AEM CAI tubing, to drain water, just like the Gruppe has?

Would performance suffer? The Gruppe has one so maybe not such a bad idea? Although that hole is between filter and scoop so the principle is different. :(

Obviously drill the hole in the horizontal part, just before the pipe bends downwards towards the filter.

Mind you, that's pretty close to the engine :eek:

Maybe the downward part instead.

Ah f*** it, it's like putting a hole in a hoover hose
doh.gif

STOP!!!

Any hole in the tube is going to let unfiltered (dirty) air into the inlet manifold or am I missing something...

I think you could so long as you had a piece of piping as that would stop dirt getting in so easy and would let it drain. The pipe would also act as a simple venturi and wouldn't affect performance.

Am I wrong?

Don't meddle or you will get a rattle throw toys out and want to sell CTR, then start thread - "What DEEZUL for £4k"

I thought that the Hydro shield was made to help prevent against sucking in water....
There is also that hydro lock system that goes half way down the pipe....

I thought that the Hydro shield was made to help prevent against sucking in water....
There is also that hydro lock system that goes half way down the pipe....

The Hydro shield will help, but won't prevent, and the hydrolock filter jobby from memory doesn't fit the EP3/DC5 unit without some pretty major work:)

It comes with a hydrosock which helps but not a preventative measure. I'll just sell it in the Autumn. Get your dibs in now.

the hole in the gruppe m is for when you wash your car and water gos down the scoop, which cannot happen on the aem cai due to there being no way of water getting in while washing your car

Back