• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

GoPro use on track days.

Anybody tell me the in's and out's of using one on a trackday?

Anybody tell me why my mate was told to remove his from the windscreen (inside) unless its was tethered with gaffe tape!!!? They say they have seen them come off inside cars when just using the suction cup.
The only time they allow them not to be "tethered" is when use on a harness bar with a clamp system.

Circuit was brands hatch.

The use of suction mounts for any camera not just GoPros is banned at most UK circuits.

If you don't have a roll / strut bar look into a rear head rest mount.

On a track day, A lad at oulton had fixed mounting points for his go pro (external) and wasnt pulled up about them, I think iirc he sourced them from area Motorsport. Pulled some good footage from one mounted on scuttle and one mounted near wing mirror

Last Donington Park Trackday I did allowed suction mounts. none of the marshals had any issue when i asked them either.
that was with javelin

The use of suction mounts for any camera not just GoPros is banned at most UK circuits.

If you don't have a roll / strut bar look into a rear head rest mount.

I used a suction mount on my bike tank today with msv no problem.

Just bought a go pro and I'm going to fix it on the dash. Suction mounts are a big no no. I think it was down to someone having one that fell off and got stuck under the brake pedal.

Back