• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

GOT AIRCON £880, ALL FITTED AND GASED :)

just fitted the parts inside the car, all ok a little tight for space but imo this was the hardest part. Will try and get the rest fitted next week and gased the day after

fitting in the car about 1hr, think i have about 2hrs to finish i.e. under the bonnet. tbh i spent longer cleaning the inside of my car once i had done this

ordered it in mate, Give Gareth a ring on 01782 261593 at Holdcroft Honda Stoke im sure he can order one for you. will cost £880 delivered my local dealer wanted £1100 my part no. is 80000-s5t-e12 but dont quote me as it is e10 on the instructions, Be very careful buying 2nd hand as the one advertised around did not have the receiver dryer sealed when removed as this could be seen on the pics (cost £130 for a new one) and I know 100% there are parts missing in the pictures (not many but a few bits) and I would bet money on that! If you do buy 2nd hand I do have a few parts which might help you

Thanks for your reply Rick, Does the kit come with fitting instructions. Might do the same as yourself and fit myself and then get honda to gas it.

Genuine Honda parts lists and numbers of all parts required to fit Aircon to your CTR

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

DSCF0336.jpg

DSCF0337.jpg

I have fitted my aircon today, took in total about 5hours and imo inside the car was the hardest bit. If I was ever to do this again I would buy new 100% as now I know whats involved there are just to many risks with a 2nd hand kit unless you get it dirt cheap.

DSCF0340.jpg

Rick, did your honda dealer order this in or is it a kit they had remaining on the shelf.

Reason for asking is my local dealer said they cant order it in anymore as they dont make the kit anymore. Do you happen to have a part number i could give them if it was ordered in.

Thanks Chiffs

Spoke to Gareth at Holdcroft Honda today, there are 15 sets in Belgium ;)

Out of interest, have you now declared this on your insurance?

only just fitted it, give me chance;). its up for renewal in just over a month so will sort it out then, but dont see a problem or difference as it was hit or miss if your CTR had aircon, so would imagine its still classed as standard

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks James, will say I am very happy that I managed to do all the work myself. Inside the car was the most difficult due to the electrics and poor access to where you had to get

Magic stuff Rick. It must be great to know you saved yourself a few hundred quid AND have the satisfaction of saying you did it yourself.

Its all in the satisfaction of I did that mate:D:D, It does help to save £300 but the satisfaction is great

Hi I'm just about to embark on the "fitting A/C to the civic project". I have managed to source what should be a full (used) system from a bloke breaking his now not so sexy civic. Any tips/advice would be great and also the pictures you provided of the parts lists/numbers or anything else you might have would be much apprieciated!!

PS Could really do with getting hold of a copy of the installation manual that i believe is supplied with the kits from Honda??

Kane

Hi!

I´m sorry for bringing this topic back again but my EP3 doesn´t have Ac and I´m thinking of install one.. honda no longer have the kit avaible..a friend of mine have a car for breaking and can sell me the complet air con.. my doubt is what I have to do inside the car..everyone tell me that I have to remove the dash..
Can someone here please help me? the pictures in the thread are no longer avaible. :(
Thank you very much and sorry for any mistake in my write up.

Regards

Back