• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got my insurance renewal....

Had my renewal from Sky through the other day at £672. So i fired some e-mails out and A-Plan cam out at the best with £595!
Sam rang Sky to see if they could compete but they didn't seem interested to try and save us, which is a shame as I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

We still have the ST insured with them and hopefully they can compete next year. Now im going to see what A-Plan are like?

I havent moved from Swiftcover for three years now..they just keep throwing cheaper premiums with protected no claims at me

Sky have got back to me and put a counter bid of £595 in :D
Sam has been dealing with it while im at work so ive got to get an update off her whats exactly happening.

Not necessarily, a car kept in a garage gives thieves more time to break into it. Also, as pointed out a lot of people scrape their car when moving it in or our of the garage and a car could more likely to be accidently damaged when kept in a garage.

First they must get into the garage (my padlocked 7ft fence aswell)...in my experience thieves who see it as a hassle dont bother with trying to steal the cars. The current method of stealing cars is through getting your car keys by the post box. So when i leave my keys in my room next to my baseball bat that SHOULD drive my premium down.

im 25, 1 year NCB and have had several crashes since i was 17. I pay 660 with admiral fully comp, but only becuase my mrs agreed to switch to admiral once her policy was up for renewal. She will then pay 350 fully comp on a mini cooper. I would highly recomend going with admiral and getting a multicar policy if you have more than 1 car in your household. Its saved me a fortune.

Mines 1374 pounds with elephant and parked on the drive with 4 years no claims and 3 points. Cheapest i found

Mines 1374 pounds with elephant and parked on the drive with 4 years no claims and 3 points. Cheapest i found

thats insane mate, i was quoted 1200 fully comp before i was offered the multicar policy with admiral. absolute bargain. one off payment was about £650 or £900 if i paid monthly. i paid it off in one

I no its not good but really wanted one lol. Waited till i was 21 and didnt go down much but when i turned 22 last month it come through as that so thought i would take a chance :)

25 is your next big drop, untill then i cant really imagine it going down much. I had a mk4 golf gti 2 years ago, paid 800 fully comp for the first year, 2nd year it went up to £1100, i asked why it had gone up, they told me they had a "bad" winter and they recieved more claims, utter bulls*it i was really angry, but then again insurance companies have you by the balls no matter what!

25 is your next big drop, untill then i cant really imagine it going down much. I had a mk4 golf gti 2 years ago, paid 800 fully comp for the first year, 2nd year it went up to £1100, i asked why it had gone up, they told me they had a "bad" winter and they recieved more claims, utter bulls*it i was really angry, but then again insurance companies have you by the balls no matter what!

25 don't mean crap all mate.

I had a 1,6 bmw before n was payin 630 and renewal for this year was going to be 800 so rather pay more and have a better car :)

Back