• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got my insurance renewal....

I had a 1,6 bmw before n was payin 630 and renewal for this year was going to be 800 so rather pay more and have a better car :)

TRO standards fella. :smt018

Please use the correct language and not text speak/odd shortening of words.

Thank you.

im 25, 1 year NCB and have had several crashes since i was 17. I pay 660 with admiral fully comp, but only becuase my mrs agreed to switch to admiral once her policy was up for renewal. She will then pay 350 fully comp on a mini cooper. I would highly recomend going with admiral and getting a multicar policy if you have more than 1 car in your household. Its saved me a fortune.

Do they cover your mods on the Multicar policy?

They pretty much told me to go swivel on a standard policy when I told them what mods I've got.

Lots of shopping round come September, charger friendly policy anyone? :lol:

Do they cover your mods on the Multicar policy?

They pretty much told me to go swivel on a standard policy when I told them what mods I've got.

Lots of shopping round come September, charger friendly policy anyone? :lol:
As far as im concerned i have no mods:D

It doesn't matter how "minor" your mods are, if they're not declared your insurance is invalid and you can get prosecuted.

Let's hope for both yours and your girlfriend's sake (and any poor bugger you hit) that you manage to stay accident free.

mate i could declare all my mods, have a crash and the insurance company still dont pay out because i forgot to tell them about my metal dustcaps and my magic tree. I pay enough money as far as im concerned, im fed up of insurance companys taking the ****. they make millions every year, whereas i struggle to get by paying my bills and supporting my family. Saving £300 quid becuase i dont declare my mods, makes a difference to me and my life. insurance companies are greedy tw*ts

mate, im not a sheep, i make my own way in life. I know the difference between right and wrong. I try my hardest to avoid having my life dictated too, especially by corporate businesses, the law and government. Like i said, i know whats good and bad, and i aint a bad person, i just try and live my life how i want to without having it forced upon me

All I'm saying is if someone driving a very modifiable car like an ep3 who has had several crashes in the past prangs it again, the loss adjustors could well be all over it.

They'll take one look at your car and see all the bits you've not declared, laugh in your face and tell you to jog on when you ask for a cheque to buy a new one.

That's not them being greedy, that's the rules everyone else has to live by. Your family would struggle even more if you've suddenly got no car and no means to buy a new one.

For the record, I don't care what you do. Just trying to point out the flaws in your master plan.

All I'm saying is if someone driving a very modifiable car like an ep3 who has had several crashes in the past prangs it again, the loss adjustors could well be all over it.

They'll take one look at your car and see all the bits you've not declared, laugh in your face and tell you to jog on when you ask for a cheque to buy a new one.

That's not them being greedy, that's the rules everyone else has to live by. Your family would struggle even more if you've suddenly got no car and no means to buy a new one.

For the record, I don't care what you do. Just trying to point out the flaws in your master plan.

plus in the event of an accident, it'll make civics even more expensive to insure because of this! I really dont need my insurance to go up anymore than what it cost's already!!!

You cant argue the fact the car costs too much too insure when bringing up a family etc but then spend money modifying it. Sell it and spend the money on something sensible. Family comes first IMO and crashing into someone with mods that aren't declared really isnt very intelligent.

mate, im not a sheep, i make my own way in life. I know the difference between right and wrong. I try my hardest to avoid having my life dictated too, especially by corporate businesses, the law and government. Like i said, i know whats good and bad, and i aint a bad person, i just try and live my life how i want to without having it forced upon me
You're a tool if you think what you are doing is right.

You might as well just not bother with insurance, or tax, or an MoT.

Your car is uninsured, and illegal on the road.

If heaven forbid, you hit a child, and his/her parents sue your arse in court, and your insurance doesn't pay out and after you get let out of jail, you can't afford to live due to the legal fees and whatever else, that still wouldn't be justice served.

You might as well just not bother with insurance, or tax, or an MoT.

Your car is uninsured, and illegal on the road.

If heaven forbid, you hit a child, and his/her parents sue your arse in court, and your insurance doesn't pay out and after you get let out of jail, you can't afford to live due to the legal fee's and whatever else, that still wouldn't be justice served.

I have no mods to declare other than an AEM CAI a mugen splitter and white wheels!!!

So the car alters from factory spec then? In which case your argument is pointless.

Are you serious? So you declare EVERY tiny little thing you add to the car? I would have to be mad to declare these poxy mods just for them to increase my premium by 300 quid

No, I'm lying. I don't bother declaring any mods, or points or previous claims. Live life on the edge me.

Back