• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Got myself a CTR but not happy

Picked up my 04 plate silver CTR with 44k on the clock on friday. Started looking around the car and checking a few bits out and found out it does not have A/C.

Was informed that it has a/c by the trader but!!!!! Has the A/C button on the dash center console but no A/C bits under the bonnet.

Good thing is i bought it from a trader (not honda), they thought A/C was standard on all CTR's which i already know its not.

Must say my fault for not checking fully about the A/C but you dont really expect it to have a A/C button and not have the system under the bonnet. Funny thing is the light actually lights up once pushed.

Therefore spoke to the trader and returning to the trader on friday to bash there ears and talk compensation.

What sort of compensation would you guys think is fair??????

What sort of price are we talking for all the bits to make a complete A/C system??

I saw a brand new one on ebay for £900 (not fitted)

And I think a/c was a £1500 option when new. Could be a £1000

If i were you i`d insist they take the car back (appear really insistent) because a/c is a priority and you are not prepared to pay out the extra to get it fitted

I bet you they`ll offer you a nice sum to keep the car

Of course in an ideal world they would buy and fit the OEM kit for you free of charge, but I doubt that very much

BTW my car doesn`t have a/c, the CTR before it did, but I don`t miss it at all. Plus the car is lighter without it

I think the full AC kit is about £900 plus fitting and gassing. If the car was advertised as having AC then I would demand they fit AC to it without charge or refund your money. Its their fault not yours.

I paid £1000 for aircon in mine from the dealers.

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

air con is for loosers if you live in the U.K ! 1 month of summer a year! whats the point spending an extra grand to make your car heavier!
It would be ok with leather seats though.

air con is for loosers if you live in the U.K ! 1 month of summer a year! whats the point spending an extra grand to make your car heavier!

Thanks for that :rolleyes:

Or even losers?

I had it in my CTR and it was a godsend to be honest :)

Most useful for de-misting the windscreen when it was raining too :smt023

the only time i've really needed/wanted A/C was in Monaco :lol: i prefer opening the windows

Most useful for de-misting the windscreen when it was raining too :smt023
I'll second that.

Air Con FTW.

Resale will be higher, although only just. I'm not a fan of having my windows open at the best of times. Not only does it increase drag (for those who are concerned about the extra weight of the air con unit, FFS), but I'm playing my tunez loudly which I like to do, I don't want people getting the arsehole with me blaring them out of an open window.

The downside of aircon is that you have to pay extra to have it checked every two years.

Just got me thinking...if the car is set up For A/C and there is no A/C unit in the engine bay, could be 1 of two things.

1. A/C Failed and the previous owner removed it.
2. JRSC was fitted, bringing into question how hard its been driven.

Just got me thinking...if the car is set up For A/C and there is no A/C unit in the engine bay, could be 1 of two things.

1. A/C Failed and the previous owner removed it.
2. JRSC was fitted, bringing into question how hard its been driven.

or could someone had just changed the facia in the dash i.e bought a complete second hand one etc

I think that its just a facia that the previous owner replaced. Looks like there was possably some sort of large stereo build.

Therefore once that was removed the facia was replaced with one that has the a/c button in it.

Only guessing but think that if you fitted a A/C fascia to any civic without A/C fitted it would still light up. The wiring is probably there as standard to make it easier for dealers to fit A/C to any new car that wanted it as an extra.

On a plus side i have spoken to the dealer and will be going down on friday for them to check there is not any A/C and only the button fitted.

Will then be talking compensation. I am thinking either they get honda to fit it or hand a nice wedge of cash over.

I would say A/C adds an easy £800 to the second hand value. That's what I found when I bought mine back in Oct '06.

No Air con? dont worry

Although you must be a tad dissapointed to not have air con on your car after buying it advertised as having it, Then what i would say to you is i really wasnt bothered about having air con in my car (especially in our country) as its just less things to go wrong with the car and also theres less weight in the engine too. Although when you come to sell your car it probably would be a little easier as people are gonna want a ctr with air con so therefore try and get some money back from the place where you bought the car from to compensate for this, i would ay if you can get 4 or £500 back then id accept this, then go and treat yourself to a gruppe m or ITG maxogen induction kit. This should cure your sadness. lol:lol:

Little update,

Have been in talks with the dealer.
This is what they have done said.

They have admitted they thought the car had aircon due to the fact the car has a aircon button which lights up when pressed.

Have come to the conclusion the car has had a sport fascia fitted as it has a A/C button and auto function for fan speed and where the air goes.

They are going to speak to Trading Standards for advise and get back to me by end of play monday.

Couple of options i have been offered are:

1/ Hand car back to them and receive my money and car i traded in back (this would leave me out of pocket as i have paid insurance and put tax on the ctr, so not wanting this option)

2/ They find another CTR with similar milage, one previous owner, A/C with the bits under the bonnet:rolleyes: this time.

3/ I mentioned compensation, figure given to them was around the £700 mark.

Now my side and what i have done.
I have also been talking to trading standards.

They have informed me that i am entitled to any of the above and if it was option one they would have to add extra to cover all the hassle and costs of insurance etc.

I personnally like option 2 or 3

To me depends how good condition the car is, if you think the car is very good condition and hard to match and not to bothered about air con take the £700 but get them to fit the correct facia and controls etc, if air con is a must get your money back as there is no guarantee you will like the replacement car they find and remember they will be out to find a car as cheap as possible

Back