• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gruppe M arrives

danr said:
The camlok bolts can be bought from Demon Tweeks, it works out around 20 quid for the lot.

You push them in and twist a quarter of a turn. They are springloaded so it stays nice and tight. You need to get the right length bolt as there is quite a few. There is actually no way on earth the scoop will ever come off with these fitted.

If you want i'll get the product code from the catalogue and see if i can put up some links so you can see what they look like.

That will be good. 8)

Cheers for the links, very handy to get :D

Saw tp's Thursday as I am tempted to get some myself as you can release the scoop very easily.

I am using the Halfords trim screws, these are a good alternative to the original ones, although when I fitted Friendly's the weekend the original ones seemed to be alot tighter than they were previously. I have on some occassions had a job to get the scoop off with them so these are a worth while purchase :D

Carl

I use the little black ones Honda put on your car to keep the bumper off. They work a treat IMO.

The only problem being that you need a flat blade ie a screwdriver to get the buggers off!

I use the halfords trim screws and velcro too, it takes about 2 minutes to remove the scoop.

There is zero chance of it flying off, which is exactly what I want.

N77_CEJ said:
Cheers for the links, very handy to get :D

Saw tp's Thursday as I am tempted to get some myself as you can release the scoop very easily.

I am using the Halfords trim screws, these are a good alternative to the original ones, although when I fitted Friendly's the weekend the original ones seemed to be alot tighter than they were previously. I have on some occassions had a job to get the scoop off with them so these are a worth while purchase :D

Carl

Tested flat out in sixth, and its still there

sk8flex said:
Very nice, too bad it doesn´t fit LHD CTRs... :cry:

It's doesn't ?? I thought the engine bay is built the exact same as the RHD... :(

Bodhikun said:
sk8flex said:
Very nice, too bad it doesn´t fit LHD CTRs... :cry:

It's doesn't ?? I thought the engine bay is built the exact same as the RHD... :(

The windscreen wiper is in the way as they are reversed on LHD's.

Friendy said:
Where is the best place to buy the oil for cleaning the filter, is it all the same?

It's a K&N filter Paul, so just get K&N cleaning stuff from Hellfrauds or somewhere similar.

Sounds a daft question, but where do you have to screw the scoop to? :eek:pps:

The panel where the windscreen wipers sit? If so can you get replacements panels for when you go to sell it?

SpaceMonkey said:
Sounds a daft question, but where do you have to screw the scoop to? :eek:pps:

The panel where the windscreen wipers sit? If so can you get replacements panels for when you go to sell it?

The scoop has 4 holes in it which allow it to screw into the scuttle panel that is provided.

You just take the scuttle panel off if you want to sell it and fit your old one back on.

CTR_Paul said:
Friendy said:
Where is the best place to buy the oil for cleaning the filter, is it all the same?

It's a K&N filter Paul, so just get K&N cleaning stuff from Hellfrauds or somewhere similar.

Cheers will get some at the weekend, clean it before Silverstone next week

Cleaned it today, Halfords was the only place that sold it, nice and clean again, took forever to dry.

Back