• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gruppe M Scoop Question

Just aquired a Gruppe M well chuffed many thanks to rossy t. Having fitted it today I have found that I need to remove the scoop every time I would wish to open the bonnet. Is it possible to shave the scoop down to make the bonnet open? Also how would I go about re-laquering the scoop after I have shaved the scoop down or is it sealed by some form of clear resin???

Just aquired a Gruppe M well chuffed many thanks to rossy t. Having fitted it today I have found that I need to remove the scoop every time I would wish to open the bonnet. Is it possible to shave the scoop down to make the bonnet open? Also how would I go about re-laquering the scoop after I have shaved the scoop down or is it sealed by some form of clear resin???

Just remove the camlock screws each time :)

Are you using the scuttle panel provided with the kit or is it a DIY one?

After getting annoyed with having to remove the scoop everytime i opened the bonnet, i ended up taking the scoop of and sanding it down on the belt sander at work, i had to take at at guess about 3mm of it and that has done the trick as it no longer catches when opening the bonnet,

as for re-laquering i didn't bother to do it, as once i sanded it down it wasn't rough on the edges and it's not as if carbon will rust without it, oh and i'm a perfectionist so it's not as if i did a rough job as you cant tell it's been done, :twisted:

You only need to take off a few mills, wont make ANY difference if you take too much off.

Back