• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gruppe M?

Guys, having done some research i believe that the best induction and in some terms the safest for the CTR is the Gruppe M ? However, how much should i be looking to buy one of these for 2nd hand, inital figures suggest £350 ? Also, do the require regular maintenance to upkeep its value?
As some of you guys may know, i have recently purchased the Hondata re-flash ecu and might look into the possibility of investing into one of these to achieve the best results from the ECU. I can quite honestly say that the value of the hondata ECU shouldnt lose much if any value but how about the Gruppe M?

Happy_2008 said:
Guys, having done some research i believe that the best induction and in some terms the safest for the CTR is the Gruppe M ? However, how much should i be looking to buy one of these for 2nd hand, inital figures suggest £350 ? Also, do the require regular maintenance to upkeep its value?
As some of you guys may know, i have recently purchased the Hondata re-flash ecu and might look into the possibility of investing into one of these to achieve the best results from the ECU. I can quite honestly say that the value of the hondata ECU shouldnt lose much if any value but how about the Gruppe M?

The GruppeM is one of those items that shouldn't lose too much in value, mainly because their not the easiest items to get hold of and as seen on here Group buys with a decent discount are pretty much impossible.

As an idea I paid £330 for mine second hand although prices on ebay are ridiculous at the moment. I ended up having to get a new heatshield because it looked like the guy who had it before had eaten it. :p Also the weather strip at the top was a bit tatty so I got some rubber panel trim to replace it. Maintainence wise cleaning the filter every 3-4000 miles will help and giving the carbon fibre unit a wipe down everytime you clean the car will help.

Thanks for the reply Chief, so in theory it shouldnt lose much value at all over the years then just like the Hondata? Might have to buy one now and just see it as a long term deposit with interest taken off :lol:

Happy_2008 said:
Thanks for the reply Chief, so in theory it shouldnt lose much value at all over the years then just like the Hondata? Might have to buy one now and just see it as a long term deposit with interest taken off :lol:

I would say so, they very rarely come up on the classifieds, for every 20-30 AEM V1s you get 1 GruppeM :) and even if they do come up they usually sell within a few days unless its one of those periods like after Christmas when no one buys anything.

Bought mine second hand for £300.

Sold it on E Bay for £500 :lol: :lol:

modrapheniac said:
Mine's still up for grabs

I know yours is for sale but for £300 delivered i would still have to pay extra for £50 for air scoop and extra £50 for scuttle. I have been offered £450 for Gruppe M with modified scuttle, so you can see where im coming from. If your prepared to lower your price i may be interested, PM me if you consider going lower :wink:

Don't ponder in buying one. just go out and DO IT!

THE best kit out there for the CTR. I used to have one and rate it highly.

Happy_2008 said:
Durzel said:
Just buy it from GruppeM Japan.

Brand new, £390.. job done! :)

That doesnt include import tax etc :wink:

If you can get it at the lower rate it comes out at about £430, Durzel is your man to ask about that. :wink:

I can get a 2nd hand one thats been used for a week with modified scuttle panel for £430 ;) Still deciding on this or the AEM or a 2nd hand Maxogen for £200.

Will be the last mod for the CTR, only buying this to get the best out of the hondata ecu re-flash :twisted:

If you have the money get the GruppeM mate, I swapped my AEM CAI for one and its great. I modified an original Honda scuttle panel for mine (cut and fill) and have now cut the scoop back a tad so that I can open the bonnet.

Was going to go for the AEM CAI but i know i wud be forever thinking about water getting in :shock: So i might just up the cash for the Gruppe M. Didnt u use the supplied scuttle?

Back