• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

Mr Jade called it dude :D, does look at a glance like a sign hehe.

Went to Blenheim Palace for a day out today, very nice too, would make a great place to chill out with a few fellow forum members, anywhoo, took a slightly better pic of my new rims with my new camera phone thingumy.

Last pic before she goes into the bodyshop in a weeks time, and comes out all different :D ;).

ypjqdg.jpg

Sorry but those wheels look wel lost in the arches. Don't get why anyone (dumb Yanks excepted) would fit a 16?

They're letting it down bigtime IMHO.

All else looking good though :smt023

Hmmm.. a very VAG Euro look. You been lured by the Golfs? :p

I quite like that look tbh, but no, Regan was closer tbh I like what some of the US guys are doing :D

But tbh it was more to do with practicality and handeling. Both improved with the new rims. It was a wrench to part with my BC rims as they are great rims that suited the car.

Each to their own, would be a fooking boring place if we all followed the same theme. I just imagined the undersized tyres, stretched tyre walls. :p

haha, no there is no stretch at all. The tyres are 205,45,16 Paradas. And they fit just perfect, even though new rims and tyres are 8mm less tall than stock. Accelleration is improved (a tad) but the car is more direct in feel and seems to turn in better. The work really well with the suspension set up.

Also more forgiving on my local pothole riddled roads :D

haha, no there is no stretch at all. The tyres are 205,45,16 Paradas. And they fit just perfect, even though new rims and tyres are 8mm less tall than stock. Accelleration is improved (a tad) but the car is more direct in feel and seems to turn in better. The work really well with the suspension set up.

Also more forgiving on my local pothole riddled roads :D

Good for you, G, taking function over looks. No-one could argue you don't know what you're doing! Still love the look of the BC wheels in p.1 pics though :smt023

Very Nice, bet it cost a pretty penny to get it that way!

Erm we try not to think about that, and half of the cash has gone on stuff I took of because it did not perform well or I got bored with or for some other reason. Also having to fork out for an extra engine did not really help lol.

Well, I ordered a new goodie from Japan at the weekend, just had notification via tracking it has left Tokyo Metropolis post office at 1pm their time and is on it's way :D :D I can hardly wait.

Now, just to decide on some further tuning for when she is out of the body shop.

1) Toda Cams, GruppM (yes I have decided to join the darkside)

or

2) Untested but worth a go perhaps, to be different... Buddy Club Spec II cams, springs, valves etc, GruppM, M&M Honda Throttle body.

or save up and go for a 2.2 Toda kit...:twisted:

Choices eh.

ooh.. what have you brought G? All curious now. :D

I would say, go for the fully forged Toda internals and the Gruppe M.

I'm not sure if I would go 2.2 conversion.. no reason.. just not feeling it. :? :lol:

ooh.. what have you brought G? All curious now. :D

I would say, go for the fully forged Toda internals and the Gruppe M.

I'm not sure if I would go 2.2 conversion.. no reason.. just not feeling it. :? :lol:

All I'll say is its wheely good :D

I have just emaild paul at TDi to discuss my needs. I'll see what he suggests.

Back