• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 GT extras worth the extra 2k ?

I didn’t use spacers but had a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 with ET35. They fill the arches

1d58a20d92e087271a83392687f4c4f3.jpg

looks good . but with OEM wheels and tyres filling out the arches being flush with the body work as your photo does look like they do very well. as to me its like the wheels are hiding inside the arches so to speak when standard on the FK8.

to close the gap i will just get 25mm lowering springs but not sure if when using spacers they will rub with the OEM wheels on with the spacers and springs on .

Has anybody put any spacers on their wheels to bring out wheels more . If so did it alter the handling as imho the wheels look a bit hidden and need to come out a bit more of 25mm on rear and 20 on front. Would look good with rally armour too .

Good point mate I agree the wheels look a little lost which is crazy for 20" bad boys but like the fk2 the wheel to bodywork ratio isn't great. Dream do the ebachs but that might well ruin the ride, torque steer etc......like the intake will wait for a guinea pig!!!

I love the red . When I get mine I will Carbon hydro dip the bonnet scoop or wrap in black gloss to set a better tone of black and red .

Have you seen any red ones with the front scoop in black or got a link to any pics?

I'm sure I saw a pic of a white one with that done but can't remember where.

Have you seen any red ones with the front scoop in black or got a link to any pics?

I'm sure I saw a pic of a white one with that done but can't remember where.

I have on vids on you tube but I’ve watched that many I won’t remember which video it was but it looked damn good same as the white with black scoop . Sets the whole car off .

Good point mate I agree the wheels look a little lost which is crazy for 20" bad boys but like the fk2 the wheel to bodywork ratio isn't great. Dream do the ebachs but that might well ruin the ride, torque steer etc......like the intake will wait for a guinea pig!!!

I would have thought someone would have done his by now though . Seen some with springs but makes it look worse . Needs spacers .

It's irrational, but I'm tempted by the non-GT, as I dream of having a stripped out special (when in reality the weight difference between the 2 is minimal). It's a stupid decision as I believe the non-GT is made to order so will have am x month wait. What am I really going to miss out on? My understanding is that the NAV on GT isn't great (I'll use Google Maps), the uprated sound system is still a bit rubbish, I've still managed to reverse into a wall with parking sensors (hopefully camera will be of more use) so don't really need those. What else am I going to miss out on? Don't care about difference in resale.

Non GT doesn't have dual climate, or the all important red trim around the outside of the car. :D
If it doesn't have parking sensors then presumably it doesn't have the camera either.
Doesn't have auto dimming rear view mirror, folding door mirrors or wireless charging.
Admittedly some things you could live without. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
When I bought my Fk2 I specifically wanted the non GT. It's had nothing to do with affordability or some BS weight saving excuse, I just didn't consider the GT worth the extra £2000. I owned (and still do) my EP3 for 12 years prior to ordering the FK2 so I'm not a car swapper.
For satnav I've always used google maps on my phone, dual zone a/c never even registered as a requirement. Wasn't bothered about the lane departure, traffic sign recognition, blind spot thingy either.
Everyones requirements are different, and since I'll be keeping the FK2 15 years the resale difference will be non existant.
£2k is still £2k.

£2k is a chuck of change, but on PCP spread over the period its not that much more according to the law of man maths...

My missus has a different concept of heat and cold than me so the dual climate has saved our relationship countless times...

Winners go GT :D

Your car your rules,
Temp always 16 in mine no matter the weather,
DEFINITELY no eating,
No back passengers unless it's my nephews,
Passenger has to struggle over the buckets, (totally gripes me when they grab the handle or hang off the roof or door),
Any baggage in the boot, another gripe when they sit there rummaging scuffing up the foot well plastics,
No music
And as you've probably guessed I'm a right miserable cnut and rarely have passengers :lol:

Ha loved that

That's exactly why I have put foam backing all over the rear seats, the central armrest facing them, I have even put sticky felt on the door cards plastic, the plastic that meets the rear bench with the doors, the sils have foam protection... so if the rear gets scratch up its MY fault as they found a weak spot...:eek:

ha completely irrelevant, its not about total cost, or its badge, its about looking after what you have.....and being slightly OCD... PLUS future value of course

Never understood that argument....so its not a supercar so let the f00kers tear it to shreds :)

Lol. Fan and Dweezle need professional help!
Im sure their cars will be near perfect still in 10 years time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

:lol:
Just the car rules,
But saying that the interior in mine at the minute is shocking, it wasn't until the lighter mornings and evenings I realised how bad it had got.

Few years back I started picking a colleague up in the mornings and dropped him back in the evenings, all was going well until he got a little too comfortable, first it was the kipping whilst I was driving (I'm awake you're awake is how I see it) then came the feet up on the dash :mad:, then came the fag rolling and brushing the loose baccy on the floor :mad: :mad:, 3 strikes and he was out told him I had to be elsewhere at those times, since then I've laid it down from the beginning

Women are living breathing swiss army knives, all sharp scratchy edges.
Heels, nails, rings, handbags.

I'm a total gentleman with the Mrs, so she thinks. Let me get the door for you (so you don't scratch the paint), let me put your handbag in the boot (so you don't scratch the dash), i'll put your shopping in the boot (so you don't slam it so hard to create an earthquake).... etc etc.

Few years back I started picking a colleague up in the mornings and dropped him back in the evenings, all was going well until he got a little too comfortable, first it was the kipping whilst I was driving (I'm awake you're awake is how I see it) then came the feet up on the dash :mad:, then came the fag rolling and brushing the loose baccy on the floor :mad: :mad:, 3 strikes and he was out
I'm amazed you let him even make it to 3 strikes. :eek: He would have been out after 1 if it was me....assuming I gave him a lift in the first place :D
I don't like giving anybody a lift unless they are either close friend or female, and the latter has its problems highlighted by blue above.....but unavoidable if they are girlfriend or wife. :lol:

May the 4th be with you. :cool:

Back