• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Gutted.....Honda dealer has kept my car!

dude its your car its up to the police to say its unsafe. i woulda said gimme my car back and il take it somewhere else:mad:

Right....got my car back.......inspected the disks and pads...rear pads were flat...disks were scored but not dangerous. Not even sure thay were from my car...they could have been from the scrap bin .

I have been ripped off........nothing more I can say. To add insult I had a letter today asking why I do not use their service department any more....MY FUKKING CAR IS IN YOUR SERVICE DEPARTMENT AND HAS BEEN FOR 2 DAYS YOU STUPID CNUTS!!!:evil:

Not fukking happy...did not have much choice in the matter too inconvenient to get it done elswhere....but letter to HUK will be going off.

Cheers Lads

Last edited by a moderator:
joke mines done 30k rear pads half worn discs like new front on 2nd set of pads and discs fine

My EP3 was like that........but with the FN2 and the VSP thingy..coupled with loads of brake dust on the rear wheels leaves me to think that the rear brakes are simply sh.it.

I think the brake dust on the rears is only associated with the position of the calipers compared to the fronts.

sorry to hear that mate, but does sound like they are taking the p**s.
my car on second set of brake pads, and original disc's all round after 36k.
back pads hardly touched tbh?

I think the brake dust on the rears is only associated with the position of the calipers compared to the fronts.

naaa that makes no difference.....how many miles have you done Paul? 24K with fooked disks cant be right...dont get me wrong I dont hang about but I dont drive like an idiot.

naaa that makes no difference.....how many miles have you done Paul? 24K with fooked disks cant be right...dont get me wrong I dont hang about but I dont drive like an idiot.

Done 13k, my discs look ok I'm not sure about the pads as I haven't looked closely but they feel fine.

i wouldn't say im a conservative driver at all. but im on 31k miles and still 1/2 used pads. i don't even ride the clutch, but i do hate using brakes if not needed. interesting to hear though.

NIGHTmare today...in for a 25k service.........they wont let me have it back as it needs front pads AND rear disks and pads!!!!! Too dangerous to drive they say........will get it done tomorrow.:evil::evil:

Had a nightmare trying to get home..30 miles........no courtesy car......middle of nowhere........effed off .:evil:

just got in.......3pm.....dropped car off at 9am..

I take it you won`t be useing that garage again.;)

Too dangerous to let you have the car back ? :lol: I've heard it all now. Even if your down to metal on metal it'd still probably pass an MOT, as the rules are regarding stopping power irrelevant of what the pads are made from. Seems like some prize bullsh1t to me chap.

Too dangerous to let you have the car back ? :lol: I've heard it all now. Even if your down to metal on metal it'd still probably pass an MOT, as the rules are regarding stopping power irrelevant of what the pads are made from. Seems like some prize bullsh1t to me chap.

Wrong there's a minimum pad thickness for the MOT, I know as mine failed on it.

Back