• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Had a crash in my ep3 :(

Hit a lampost and ended up in a ditch! Wet weather coming round a corner breakes locked up and just slid.

Anyone got any insight on damages from this picture? engine bay looks all in tact, i think its just cosmetic damage but car wont start.

Any insight guys would be great.

Thanks

Doesn't look major. Looks like you just need a new bumper, wing and headlight. The bumper bracket could be broken. You may also need new suspension parts on that side (considering you hit a lamp-post and ended up in a ditch). If you do get it all repaired you may need to get the wheels aligned. So if you're wondering how much it would cost, find out roughly how much it would be to get all of that done.

As for the car not starting the battery is on that side of the engine bay, check the cables are still on

Yer im gna pay to get it all fixed, it looked alot worse yesterday untill i got out an lifted the bonnet this morning.

Its got adjustable camber arms on it so can this sort out and tracking issues by having these?

The car turns over but just wont start, all electrics come on, radio etc.

Bad times.

There is an inertia switch that kills the fuel pump in the event of an accident.

I can't remember where it is off the top of my head, but it's in the manual where it is.

Camber arms are for the rear, you will have or need camber bolts for the front to do the camber adjustment. If you've done the suspension it will 100% need setting up again.

You'll need to get the wing, bumper and headlight off to see what damage you've done behind those and you'll see the suspension with the wheel off.

Oh and mind the text speak please.
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?69042-View-on-Text-Speak

I completely forgot about the fuel cut off switch thing that Loxy mentioned. It is found behind the glove box. Open it and then push the sides in to unclip it and drop the glove box down. The switch should be hidden on the right.

Very good chance the front panel is damaged. As Loxy said get it stripped down first.

Would you not be best to go through insurance ? What sort of excess do you have ?

I think we have all learned a valuable lesson here .... Slow down round corners in the wet, and don't break to harshly.

I had a similar prang on the drivers side bud so i feel your pain. Wet road with under steer on FRSU is a pain.

Make sure you check your front bulk head. Unfortunately it sticks right out when the corner of the headlight, bumper and wing meet. It looks like most of the energy of your crash has been transferred to this area.

If it has then you better be good with a lump hammer and chisel or in the worse case scenario you will need a jig. It sounds extreme but if you have damaged this corner like i did mine nothing will line up like it should unless you get the bulk head bent back into within 5mm or so.

Looking from the damage you will need - headlight, wing, wing bumper bracket, new bumper, headlight mounting bracket and that bonnet looks damaged too and could well be warped from the impact. Get yourself some of the plastic tabs that fix the wheel lining and bumpers on as well. 20 should do it. With alot of time and around 500 - 600 quid you should get the job done yourself. If you get someone else to do it then its gonna be much more expensive. On the bright side at least the water bottle is on the other side :).

Headlights are easy to find, i even have a spare in my shed for that side if you want to PM me your details, but bumpers are a complete pain in the bum. Most people crash EP3s in this way so as soon as one in the right colour on Ebay or Gumtree then they get snapped up straight away. Spend extra on the wing so its in good condition as breakers yards tend to over exaggerate on the condition of their parts.

Good Luck

I crashed mine with less damage bumper cracked and bonnet slight lip, slam panel bent slightly, and insurance wrote it off!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still can not find a silver bumper anywhere, anyone got any suggestions for me besides ebay and gumtree?

Anyone got any?

You will have to keep looking dude I'm afraid, one will come up for sure. Otherwise try this guy, he might be able to sort you out +44 7812 429451.
He deals in just Civic Type Rs and if there is a silver bumper out there then he will get it, just say Calvin sent you ;)

I just drove the car around the corner, it was pulling alot to th left. what will this be because of?

Also the clutch seemed to be squeeky

Once the car is fully repaired get the tracking done. The clutch wouldn't be affected by the crash

It would have to be one hell of a crash to affect the clutch. I'd say it's sqeaking because it's been sitting for a while. The pull to the left will just be tracking. Maybe a bent wish bone, or tracking rod. All stuff that would need to be looked at if your going to repair it.

so we just fixed the bodywork, just for the tracking now, or possibly the susension?

I think my breakes felt like they were rubbing also?

Back