• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Halfords Castrol oil special.

Just a quick heads up but halfords are doing a special on Castrol oil.
Might be a good time to stock up.

5W30 AND 10W40 BOTH £17.50 FROM £30.

i already have 4l of edge, never used this stuff. any good? quite like having a 1l tub to decant into. shame thats not on offer as well

it's fine. it's oil. unless you have F1 car and assuming it is the right viscosity required for your motor then fill your boots. it's worth it to save the 20 quid over the gold castol edge. cynic mode is it's probably the same stuff they put in the green bottle at the factory, and even if it were different in blind taste tests 9/10 EP3s were not able to tell the difference from i can't believe it's not castrol and castrol.

I've been using Castrol Magnetec 5w30 fully synth for the last 9 years on my various CTR'S and do trackdays with it and the oil is spot on. Good oil and good price.

I've been using Castrol Magnetec 5w30 fully synth for the last 9 years on my various CTR'S and do trackdays with it and the oil is spot on. Good oil and good price.

i thought 10w40 was the correct grade oil to use?

i bought the 4L for £17.50 yesterday, good job as i was just under minimum so put a litre in which would of cost me £16.99 on its own!

took back the turbo deisel oil i bought last week by accident and got to magnatecs today :). bargin.

do they not do a 5w40 fully synth? so that I know how much to stock up on how long can you keep oil for?

I think they also did 5 40 full synth. but the offer is already finished mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let everyone know , the offer is back on. But it's a hurry while stocks last thing ( marketing hype , like there going to run out ! ).

BTW : UNOPENED oil is good to keep for a minumum of 2 years so worth stocking up if you want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back