• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Handbrake handle button

Hi,

I have just picked up my EP3 today, which i'm chuffed to bits with, but there are a couple of minor things I want to sort out and need some advice on.

1. The handbrake handle button that should be silver has chipped off exposing the white plastic underneath. How do I remove this to fit a new one? and can I get a new button from Honda or will they charge me for a whole new handbrake handle?

2. When I bought the car today, It only came with one key and one alarm fob. The alarm fob is not in the best condition and a bit temperamental,:mad: does anyone know how much a new key and alarm fob will cost from Honda?

Any help would be much appreciated.

not really any help to you but i only realised or came to my attention this morning that i think iv lost my sparekey and fob. cant find them anywhere so would be interested in finding out price etc.

I have the handbrake button problem, is on my to do list!​

had a brief look at it, not too sure how it comes apart! i will be having a look at it when im working nights, if u work it out in mean time let me know :p may just strip it and paint it gloss black :p

not sure if the "Rubber" bit is put on under heat / screws on / built on or what. I will un do the plastic mounting and leave it bare so my dad can ponder while i leave it in his garage :p if i get any where ill let you know. As i say was thinking of stripping of the chrome, clean it up, paint it gloss black or red and then coat it in some sort of cover

not sure if the "Rubber" bit is put on under heat / screws on / built on or what. I will un do the plastic mounting and leave it bare so my dad can ponder while i leave it in his garage :p if i get any where ill let you know. As i say was thinking of stripping of the chrome, clean it up, paint it gloss black or red and then coat it in some sort of cover

Sounds good, i would appreciate it if you could update this post with your finding's. :)

Has anyone found anything out about this? was about to write a thread about the handbrake button but thought i'd better do a search and come across this.
It's a stupid little thing but its bloody annoying to see its peeling. :confused:

Back