• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Handbrake Recall

Received a letter recorded delivery today from HUK.

Apparently there is a recall on all Honda Civic FN shape regarding the handbrake. There is the potential they installed the release button spring incorrectly. This could result in the handbrake releasing itself:eek:

So they have included a photo manual how to apply the hand brake, basically just use the ratchet and don't use the button.

The fix won't be available until April 2008:evil:

Are they going to recall the cars at a later date? What happens if your car roles down a hill now even if you have recieved a letter!

All 3 doors I think.

Then it will be recalled in March/April to have it replaced.

From another website I read it affected 5 doors as well.

If you don't press in the button, when you pull up the handbrake its not an issue:confused:

i aint received a letter regarding this..should i contact Honda?

Give it a few days, but there isn't a lot you can do until the fix becomes available in April.

I guess they are sending them Recorded delivery, to confirm that you know about the problem. I would still think they will be on thin ice if someone damages their car, due to faulty handbrake HUK knew about and haven't fixed yet

Give it a few days, but there isn't a lot you can do until the fix becomes available in April.

I guess they are sending them Recorded delivery, to confirm that you know about the problem. I would still think they will be on thin ice if someone damages their car, due to faulty handbrake HUK knew about and haven't fixed yet
just got my letter from honda this morning regarding the hand brake fault,should this not be priority for them to get the cars recalled asap i mean what would they say if your car was damaged due to this are they going to accept liability for this or are they going to ask if you pushed the button in to apply or release the handbrake,my mate had the same prob with his vauxhall vectra last year and the new handbrake was replaced within a week,wot are huk playing at...:evil:

The new Civic hirecars we have at work now all come with instructions on the seat on how to put the handbrake on - its a joke! :lol:

Hand brake problems

Thanks to watchdog this has affected most cars.

I recently picked up my brand new CTR and the sales person advised to pull the handbrake without pressing the button.

Can't believe anyone doesn't do that anyway !!:evil:

Can't believe anyone doesn't do that anyway !!:evil:
Driving instructors, mine always moaned about people not pressing the button in. It's got a ratchet for a reason so I always pulled it on without, extra hard at the end of the lessons just to annoy him :lol:

Back