• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Harness

Having used the cheap Sparco harnesses I borrowerd off my sister, I am gonna get myself some. I was looking at possibly the Sabelt Lightweight 4 Point Harness;

Sabelt Clicky!

Or a cheaper alternative is the SRS 4 point;

SRS Clicky!

The Sabelt has a 3" shoulder, and 2" lap strap, and the SRS has both 3". Both look like they use eye bolt fixings.

The eye bolt fixings are fine for the shoulder fixings in the rear, and the door side of the lap, but I am unsure how you would go about securing the lap on the 'inside' of the Recaro seat. I have read a few threads, and some people have managed to use an eye bolt in the OE mounting point for the seat belt, but it is tight to the transmission tunnel carpet.

Can anyone confirm what size (length and diameter) of eye bolt they used in each of the mounting locations?? This is my biggest concern about buying a new set of harnesses, the fitment for the eye bolts!

Eye Bolt Clicky!

Any help appreciated :)

I've drilled into the central tunnel for the eyebolts for the inside of the harness, was going to be alot easier to do it that way than trying to mount it on the rail assembly?

Not sure on the DC2 but the inside lap belt is a pain in the arse on the EP3, the only way I could see of doing it properly is to drill.

In the end I go a metal clip which I used to clip into a hole I found on the seat rail.

Harvey said:
Not sure on the DC2 but the inside lap belt is a pain in the arse on the EP3, the only way I could see of doing it properly is to drill.

In the end I go a metal clip which I used to clip into a hole I found on the seat rail.

Do you have any pics of the installation, quite interested in doing this as I move around a lot in the seats.

Lottie said:
Harvey said:

Do you have any pics of the installation, quite interested in doing this as I move around a lot in the seats.

its easy apart from the inside lap belt.

there are two bolts under the rear seat that you can use and you can use the bolt for the seatbelt on the door side. No pics though sos

Harvey said:
Lottie said:
Harvey said:

its easy apart from the inside lap belt.

there are two bolts under the rear seat that you can use and you can use the bolt for the seatbelt on the door side. No pics though sos

Thanks...no problem about pics ill take a sneeky peek at North Weald :)

You might have seen the harness in my car.
I got 2 of them, they are the SABELT 4 points clubman harnesses.
Can't remember where I bought them from, but they were dead easy to fit.
I got normal EP3 seats, not the recaro ones, and everything just bolted in. Nothing to drill at all.

They do make a big difference on the track, it's much easier to throw the car into a corner when you know you wont slide of your seat...

Back