• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

Very very nice car.

RE:Brakes, do the fluid too man, will make the world of difference.

Cheers suits, fluid was changed to 5.1dott as part of the service at JM Imports.

He did mean to change the pads too but forgot as it was mega busy, and gave me £200 towards new pads. The pads that are currently on it (red compound) have loads of meat left and also passed the MOT brake test. They don't get any better when they're hot.

I ordered my DS2500s at lunch, will fit them this weekend and see how they feel before buying the braided lines I think. I did a quick test a minute ago with the help of a colleague who wanted a butchers at the car. I held onto the brake line and got him to pump the brake pedal with the engine running, I couldn't feel any expansion of the line so they're not degraded. Probably end up changing them for braided anyway.

Just did my first drift, took a bite out of the seat with my arse :lol:

Wasn't expecting it to step out, I wasn't going very fast either.. Gave 2nd gear some right boot from about 3k rpm and at about 5k the rear let go, as did the car. It's been a while since I had RWD (I know it's 4WD - but it's mostly RWD). Caught it without any drama at all, it felt really nicely balanced actually. At least now I know it's ready to bite my head off if I'm being a tit :lol:

Started at 11am, finished the front pads about half an hour ago :/ absolute mission of a pad change. I hope the rears are easier!!

B09FF4CB-2532-4C9C-9C3B-6A1D79DBD700-1051-0000012149C26444_zpsa4e0be38.jpg

Evo shoot review:

Great drive down through wales on wednesday after getting my splitter repaired and put back on. We met up just outside Swansea at a premier inn:

That's Dean the photographer in the background... Christ, did he have some stories to tell about the motor-journolism industry, amazing. As did Mauro the stunt driver, surely he has one of the best jobs in the world?!

The R35 was just out of shot incidently.

Up early yesterday and up to the brecon beacons (black mountain pass IIRC).

Quick fill up before the pass:

Quick one of the pass, don't want to put any more than this up... wouldn't want to upset evo :)

We spent most of the day crawling between two layby/carparks getting snapped from a moving ST estate with the boot open. Mauro took me for a spin in the R35 whilst we had a break for lunch and scared the daylights out of me, literally felt sick when I got out :lol:

I only got to drive the R34 really, which actually felt slower than mine owing to a standard exhaust. Lovely place to sit though, much more plush and upmarket compared to my R33 interior.

Dickie (evo driver) and Mauro both loved my R33, Dickie had it propperly sideways for some shots which I'm really looking forward to seeing.

It was a loooooong day and a lot of waiting around in the rain but it should all be worth it :) It would have been nice to drive the R35 but it was pouring down in the afternoon and I really didn't fancy it on that mountain pass!! Was great just to see them all together though, rare enough to see any one of them at once never mind all together! Plenty of heads were turning :lol:

We finished about 4pm and I was home for 8.30 :\

That's a familiar layby. :lol:

DSC_0189.jpg

Slightly shocked to find this was nearly 6 years ago. Where has the time gone?

Overnight parts?

Nah, I ordered these about a fortnight ago, maybe even 3 weeks. They were about £140 delivered which I thought was an absolute bargain, genuine discontinued Nismo too!

Back