• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

That is a kick in the teeth. But at least they will sort it. I'd just be concerned about throwing good money after bad at it now. Had cars like that, you just keep fixing them thinking, we'll it's all bl00dy new now. But something else still finds a way to break.
I really hope that’s not the case with your car, it's such a great looking piece of kit, although im going to be controversial......I'm not keen on thewheels.

I've been thinking the same thing to be honest. I've had a few 'pups' in my time.

Just as long as I don't spin a shell or blow a turbo wheel/bearing I'll be fairly happy. I'm not expecting k20 reliability.

Which ones? The Advans or the OEMs?... I was offered some 18" black rotas which would have looked evil but I'm an OEM whore. Plus 17" tyres are way cheaper :lol:

The OEM's. I too am a original kind of guy, hence my search still goes on for an original, unmolested xr2. But those wheels just look a little small and not aggresive enough for such a car. IMO. Proberbly look better in the flesh, going past me sideways.

I guess they do look a tiny little bit lost in the arches but I think they just look right... I always kept them on Gran Turismo because I liked them :lol:

I have my reasons for keeping them... tyre size/cost, comfort, originality and I like the design.

Will call Jurgen later today or tomorrow for an update. Hoping I'll have it this coming weekend.

Looks beautiful, especially with the OEM wheels. Hope it all works out ok and you don't have too many headaches.

Jurgen just rang me...

Replaced the rear diff, and its STILL making the noise. There's only the prop left so he's going to pinch one from another GTR and let me know if it works.

Cheers John.

It doesn't look like a pup but neither did my E46.... That was a barrel of laughs. I say laughs... tears would be more accurate.

I really really hope this thing doesn't go the same way.

I was expecting a call today from him, I won't pester as I'm sure this isa lot worse for him than it is for me. I guess it's not a 5 minute job to swap over a prop on one of these.... I might pester tomorrow :lol:

Bloody hell H, that's a nightmare mate. I bet you're gagging to get hold of the car too. Hopefully they'll sort it quick sharp for you and you can get the beast on the road.

On the plus side, it's not one fault after another, it's still all the same fault. So once it's found and sorted the car should be great, with lots of new shiny bits where it didn’t actually need any. Big win.

True dat, I hope you're right!

Yea I'm quite chuffed with all the new bits I didn't need :lol:

My apexi filters arrived today too apparently (I just got a text to say it's being delivered). So I might take them and a socket set up with me orrrr drive it home with the OEM box and fit it when I get back and that way possibly appreciate it more? Hmmmmm.... 1st world problems :lol:

Got to get to JM imports by 12pm saturday for collection... My best chum is being a hero and giving me a lift (3.5 hours) at 8.15am.

Are you liable for the repair costs? Or is the importer liable?

Is it a case that once its here its your problem or do they sort everything and thats included in the price?

It's all on them Ed, we agreed on a price at the start and I paid a 50% deposit. Suffice to say he hasn't sounded too happy the last couple times he's rang me, I guess he's made a loss on this one by now...

work done at their cost:

Supply, paint and fit front splitter
Paint front bumper
Paint side skirt (after he scraped it)
Replace rear wheel bearings
Replace rear diff (new)
Replace prop (pinched from another gtr)
Refurbish rocker cover
Engine bay detail
Compression test with me present
Supply & fit OEM wheels + yokos
Full major service, all fluids & filters changed
Polish, buff and wax
Underseal

+ he gets to keep the advans to sell on, so he might get £500 or so back out of them.

Just read all the pages and I can't believe you haven't got it yet. Lovely looking car, hope all is well when you collect it.

Looks better on the oem wheels, but I thought they looked a little small too. I remember the wheels on Andy's old skyline, they looked something else. I am sure they were Rays, but I might be wrong

Goodies have arrived from Japan before the car :lol:

138E85C4-C842-4403-932E-59DB46E45FA3-639-000000FF06FE1D19_zps4b9433ff.jpg

With some JDM as fcuk instructions:

04129F3E-906D-4AA7-AE1F-78CD73F1E554-639-000000FF0DCDEE72_zps55f2d0a2.jpg

094041CA-B0C0-472A-962B-C836DDDB5554-639-000000FF14B80504_zps17cb2333.jpg

Oh dear lol

I had a set of them for my car, never fitted them!

I think I've still got some BNR32 bits in my garage actually, must get around to sticking on ebay!

Back