• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

:lol: summer vette and winter GTR suits me just fine!

Yea, it doesn't make a great deal of sense (for me) when you put it like that :lol:

I do like them (vettes) though, and not sure if I'm going to keep this a while yet or not

Had a bit of a nightmare at grinspeed today :/

Went for braided lines, rear pads (I failed) and aux belts. Pads and belts done no problem.

Found a ball joint had shat itself, surprising you can't feel it it the steering more.

Braided lines were nothing like right. Front ones had the blocks 90deg out so wouldn't fit without nasty twists. Rears were just flat out wrong. Had male instead of female at one end and a female instead of a block at the other. To add insult to injury, the thead into the rear calipers decided it wanted to stay on the brakeline. Managed to get it to seal but it looks like I'll have to find a replacement caliper before the line comes out again.

Need new rear tyres (fcuking evo drifter lol)

Feck. Lines being wrong is just poor.

Are it'd parts you need readily available over here?

Aye, very annoying.

I got them through a company des recommended. They're HEL but made by them under licence. Was in contact with them through the day sending pics etc, ended up costing me another couple hours labour doing things they suggested so I'm not sure how to proceed with this one.

I have standard lines on and a FUBAR rear caliper.

I just hope you're not fallen out of love with it. That would be such a shame. Its not nice when you finally get something and it just wont go how you hoped. It will get there and eventually it'll deliver what you always wanted.

I had the same problem with my Anglia. id wanted one for years, and when i finally got one it took over a year to get it trouble free and right. But its so worth it. Ever year i get the car out the garage it needs work and its a big hassle, but 3 days of p1ssin about with it may give me two awsome weeks of trouble free motoring, and its so worth it.
I suppose the diffrence is it's not my daily car.
Best of luck

Cheers, I'll hack it out for a few more months at least I think! I was expecting problems, at least it's still driveable! *touch wood*

Just spent a load on parts for it so it's at least staying until I've tried those out :lol:

Honestly, so far I'm not completely sold on the car. It's lovely to look at, handles amazing. It just doesn't live up to the image (yet).

Hazz, treat it like a piece of ass - sometimes the bitch tastes sweet, sometimes that whore fu*ks you up big time.

When the whore is compliant, milk her for all she is worth, when she is being a c*nt, slap the bitch, chuck a few quid at her and tell her to come home ready for action. :twisted:

Ours was the same, but when sorted it was a machine.

In other news, your old EP3 is going nowhere, love it.

GruppeM on, AD08's on, Eibachs on, TDI remap.

It's a weapon now

Stevie told me about the mods! How's it running with a new map? Vtec much higher now?

In other news... Yoko S drives are hard to find in 255/40/17... A pair on eBay for £270 delivered, they might have to do :/

Yep I'm selling it.

Boarded out half the garage today, really don't want any car bits going up there.

Vtec 5250.

Back