• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Head Unit Issues

Hi all,

Trying to use the Honda App Centre but when I open it I get a 'no network access' or 'Cannot connect to network' error.

download_zpsycyf0lcp.png

Anyone else experienced this?

Have you tethered it to your phone using your phone as a Wi-Fi hot-spot?

You can only access or update it connected to Wi-Fi. I found Tesco have free Wi-Fi in their petrol forecourts until I got a Wi-Fi repeater for my garage.

Sorted it out guys. Found the wifi option in the menu. the 3 apps available are pretty **** and require data to work. You would have thought it would have been supported a little better.

I don't understand any of it if I'm honest, I play a CD & use the nav & that's it.
From what I gather from others in the know it's not the best set up

I've found that the phone system crashes regularly, get a message like 'no access at this time, please try again later' or something like that. Is there a software patch or software update thats I can download to sort the issue and how do i go about this? Ta.

Speak to your dealer, unless there's instructions in the manual about doing an update over wifi?

System updates are dealer only.

The updates you can do over wireless are application updates only, the dealer needs to update it with a file from a USB stick.

Mine is in for an A service on Friday at 8,000 miles. I will ask them to check for updates.

Had my friend at Honda uk checking out my new car on the systems earlier. No warranty claims or outstanding recalls etc outstanding. "Routine service at 6056 - 28/01/2017.
No Warranty history
No TESS communications."

Probably went the whole yr without needing one, myself & others went full term (be it less mileage than that for me) The car will tell you when to service, but it also says if you reach 12mths before your service counts down then get it serviced

There have been many issues with the Honda Connect unit over it's first year.

Fortunately the RC5 update (now at RC6) sorted most of the issues. The most serious was the random rebooting one. That was because too much data was sometimes being thrown at the processor. Along with the RC6 you need to make sure the Honda App Centre is at 1.3.5 as a minimum.

The one issue not fully resolved is the bluetooth which often results in muffled voices.

Had my friend at Honda uk checking out my new car on the systems earlier. No warranty claims or outstanding recalls etc outstanding. "Routine service at 6056 - 28/01/2017.
No Warranty history
No TESS communications."

Dotty, did you purchase the FK2 from Hendy Southampton..?

Tom at Tgm is picking up a brand new fk2 from mugen euro and some mugen aero parts which they are painting so mugen can use it as their "display car".

Look forward to seeing that, the mugen kit hasn't gone down well so they're probably trying to shift some parts
I've been toying with the front end for sometime now hopefully theirs will be a CW, I've only seen one in red & the black

I'm another who dislikes the Mugen aero pack. I feel Mugen missed a trick by not recreating the devil spoiler with the LED's from the FK2 concept car. Obviously it would need modifying to actually create downforce and less air turbulence which i hear the concept spoiler couldn't do hence why it was ditched.

If someone could produce that concept spoiler And make it function i recon 50% of the FK2 community would have one for sure.

Spoiler_zpsv2aay0zr.jpg

I want it so bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Back