• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlamps

Hi all , just wondering if anyones tried osram silverstars H1 in the projector units on a facelift?

I'm thinking of ordering but would like to know if there's any improvement at all on the standard ones

cheers

meatyboy said:
Hi all , just wondering if anyones tried osram silverstars H1 in the projector units on a facelift?

I'm thinking of ordering but would like to know if there's any improvement at all on the standard ones

cheers

I'd like to know too! I'd like a more HID look from my CTR... :)

I've just fitted Silverstars (H4) to my car and they have made a good improvement to night-time visibility.

I'm not too fussed over how my car looks with the headlights on - I long as I can see - more function over fashion in this case of car modding. ;)

Yeah, as Raj said, I've got the H4's fitted too, definately not a 'fashionable' look to the light, with any blue tints etc.

But IMO there's a real marked improvement over my old bulbs. Night time driving is that bit better since using the Silverstars.

I can only imagine the H1's will be as good. :)

meatyboy said:

cheers

Yes there is. Don't expect too much though as the beam cut-off is still there. The light is much whiter. Incidently the original bulbs in the ctr were Osram but the regular version.

I also got the HB3 for high which are excellent. :D

You'll have fun fitting them, especially on the o/s headlight unit. Bugger all space. :x

I had the Osram's before I upgraded to Polar G's.

The Polar's are a lot more expensive than the Osram but worth it imo.

Back