• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlight bulbs

Right i need some new headlight bulbs as i have one out (i presume it's blown), and being an idiot when it comes too all things like this can someone make it as simple as possible.

Can any one tell me what fitment i need as i've read so much i'm confused (H1, H4 etc) :oops: I have an 04 facelift EP3.

Can any one also suggest what the best replacement might be. I just want a regular bulb, ie not HID kit.

Cheers in advance.

ps. mods i have posted this in the electrical & ice section as well by mistake so please delete that one assuming you ok to leave it here.

votive-candle-favors.gif

Just be careful going around corners ;)

I'm 99% sure H1's are full beam...

Hmm, i'm confused now (it doesn't take alot!!!) if i have a facelifted ep3 on an 04 plate what fitment headlight bulbs do i need chap??

I really wanna get some order to be here ASAP as i dont like driving around with one not working.

Its H1 for the full beam and H4 for the side and dipped (main) beam (one bulb)

- Kevin.

Damn, i may have ordered the wrong ones then!!!! I spoke to my local dealer who looks after the car (service etc) he asked for my reg No and said that the full beam bulb should not have gone but if it has i need HB3 which is only availabeel through them, but if it is the normal bulb as in when you just turn your lights on normally (dipped beam) i need H1 fitment - so i went ahead and order a set from powerbulbs.

I hope i've order the right ones as i cant be areses returning and ordering new ones!!!

Its H1 for the full beam and H4 for the side and dipped (main) beam (one bulb)

- Kevin.
Wrong, H4 for is for pre-facelift with the dipped and full beam in one bulb.

Monkey Boy,

I'm pretty sure you need H1 for full beam and H7 for dipped, but i may be wrong....

Its defo not H4 cos i had a pre-facelift and thats what that used. Just go and have a look what in your car now :wink:

Neily03 i would go have a look apart from two things - 1) It's pi$$ing down harder than i've ever seen and 2) I'm that much of noob i wouldn't know how :oops: :oops: (i'm ashamed to admit that!! :oops: :oops:)

:lol:

Sorry i can't be of more help, it's been many years since i've had to buy anything other than H4....

Wrong, H4 for is for pre-facelift with the dipped and full beam in one bulb.

Monkey Boy,

I'm pretty sure you need H1 for full beam and H7 for dipped, but i may be wrong....

Its defo not H4 cos i had a pre-facelift and thats what that used. Just go and have a look what in your car now :wink:

For facelift its H1 for dipped (projector) and HB3 for main beam (reflector) - not H7.

H7 are more commonly used on VAGs, Beamers etc.

For facelift its H1 for dipped (projector) and HB3 for main beam (reflector) - not H7.

H7 are more commonly used on VAGs, Beamers etc.

Superb, thats just the confirmation i needed :smt023 . As mentioned above i have order a pair of H1 fitment bulbs from powerbulbs and hopefully these will arrive tommorrow.

havent u got a halfrauds near you? they got a book to check it off and then buy off the net as it cheaper, halfrauds are good for something.

havent u got a halfrauds near you? they got a book to check it off and then buy off the net as it cheaper, halfrauds are good for something.

Not the one newar me!!!! The book they have is 1/2 missing and when i needed some rear brakes lights the book told me the wrong one!!!

ok well my halford not that bad and book not lied to me :S

any way problem sorted al the same did u get the bulbs?

ok well my halford not that bad and book not lied to me :S

any way problem sorted al the same did u get the bulbs?

Yeah bulbs turned up Friday, thankfully they were the right ones as well :D . They are power bulbs own brand they have just developed. So far so good, they give off a bright white light but developed to the OE standards to make sure they don't screw with the projector lens in the headlight. Good field of vision both in front and to the side (width of the beam).

Back